Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and put in the Jet Performance Chip today, and had the dealership install the 180 degree therm friday. Without installing the CAI and custom pipes yet, the chip was just what the performance Dr. order. It is a must have for performance, I can only imagine(sp) what its going to be like when I install the CAI and pipes. After testing the Chip out I took it off. But, I'm going to talk with the dealer and the Chrysler rep. and let them know that the chip took care of the shifting problem my R/T was having. Remember in an earlier post, I had stated that the dealer and the Chrysler rep. wanted me to hold off installing my mods, untill the software update was installed. I think the Jet Chip has taken care of the hard 2nd to 1st down shift, and the hard upshift. I did not have anymore slam bang in the automatic shifting mode.

There is also a change in low end TQ. With the ESP off, the tires did let me know there was a change in TQ. My take off from a dead stop was just outstanding. Also, the throttle responce is an eye opening wow what just happened.
More to follow in the comeing days. I will be making a vid of all the mods I will be doing, and posting photos.

So far, it is worth the $334.90 I paid.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to drive a little longer to tell if the MPG has changed for the good or the worst. CIA are a pluse for better air flow. I will be keeping the forum updated on how things are going.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Also, where is the module located in the Avenger? Just curious.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only reason you should run premium, is to get the optimum performance from the remapping of the air to fuel ratio. You do not have to run premium to use the Stage1, only for the Stage2. As for the CAI I'm going to use. It is a custom made one as there is not a CAI out yet for the Avenger R/T.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i could not find one.. I did see the K&N filter that replaces the stock filter... i think I will go for the stage 1.. if i get one.. not sure i want to payyyy the hi price for premium

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes and no. They (Injen) make one that hooks up to the stock air tube, and one that fits on to the TB with a heat shield.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i have just bought the stage 2 jet chip yesterday. I have straight pipe exaust and custom cai, throttle body spacer. You dont have to run the expensive gas for the stage 2 only if u want the highest output on the chip but you still get more power regardless what gas u use.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have just bought the stage 2 jet chip yesterday. I have straight pipe exaust and custom cai, throttle body spacer. You dont have to run the expensive gas for the stage 2 only if u want the highest output on the chip but you still get more power regardless what gas u use.

As I stated, you will get the best performance with 91 or 93. The chip change's the fuel to air ratio, so keep an eye on your exhaust tips. If you see alot of dark blackness and you are using low grade gas than start moving up to a higher grade, to get a cleaner burn. To rich or to lean is not good for the performance.
One question if you do not mind. Why go with a TB spacer ? I've never used one on a stock motor so I'm wondering if you have felt a difference in performance. Also, did you remove the cats or are you using free flowing cats ? In NY we must use cats.

This is from Jet :
Stage 2-Designed for the performance enthusiast, the Stage 2 features more aggressive programming to make the most horsepower and torque available. Fuel and timing curves are extensively modified for peak performance and drivability. Requires use of 91 octane fuel, 180 degree thermostat and free flow exhaust. Also works well with aftermarket intake systems, mass air sensors, TBI spacers, etc.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bullet 85.. is that a pic of your Avenger?.. Do I see scoops on the hood?.. I think we would all like to see a larger pic of that

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
yes, i am using a throttle body spacer from vortech. I dont know if u guys ever heard of the turbonator? well my throttle body spacer acts as one of those i only have it for gas milage, it makes it a lil better. I have free flowing cats from magna flow and running straight pipe exaust ( no mufflers ). We have the same throttle body as the charger so its big enough. I made a custom CAI on my R/T. took exaust pipe bent it, powder coated it blk, heat wrap. I got the hood scoops as a b-day present and got them painted and put on. I took off all the embelems on the car so around my way know body knows wat it is. If you guys want some pics of my car just ask.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts