Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and in search of guidance. I have a 2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4. Recently it started giving me problems with it stalling out while driving. The first time stalling out, the car's horn was going off by itself randomly. I opened up the hood to see if there was a horn fuse to pull out but none in the engine bay fuse box. As I clicked the fuse box cover back on and wiggling it around pressing on top to click it back on it stopped honking. I cranked it and fired right up, ran fine all the way home. Its been stalling out randomly ever since while driving. I checked the fuel pump and was not the culprit. I did the same thing as the first time and wiggled the fuse box pressing on top of it and cranks right back up. Perhaps there is a frayed connection under the box and loses contact cutting every off? Pressing on top of the fuse box and wiggling around seems to fix it until It stalls out again. I does not happen everyday but randomly in the worst times in traffic lol. Can someone relate or have any similar issues and fixes? Thanks peeps!

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Sounds like an issue with the TIPM. When you put the fuse box/ TIPM cover back on and the problem goes away it relates. It could be possible corrosion on the bottom side. The TIPM has been known to have issues.

· Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum and in search of guidance. I have a 2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4. Recently it started giving me problems with it stalling out while driving. The first time stalling out, the car's horn was going off by itself randomly. I opened up the hood to see if there was a horn fuse to pull out but none in the engine bay fuse box. As I clicked the fuse box cover back on and wiggling it around pressing on top to click it back on it stopped honking. I cranked it and fired right up, ran fine all the way home. Its been stalling out randomly ever since while driving. I checked the fuel pump and was not the culprit. I did the same thing as the first time and wiggled the fuse box pressing on top of it and cranks right back up. Perhaps there is a frayed connection under the box and loses contact cutting every off? Pressing on top of the fuse box and wiggling around seems to fix it until It stalls out again. I does not happen everyday but randomly in the worst times in traffic lol. Can someone relate or have any similar issues and fixes? Thanks peeps!
Did you figure out issue my cars doing same thing no one knows wth is happening
No codes no pending codes
So much anxiety driving

· Registered
17 Posts
Did you figure out issue my cars doing same thing no one knows wth is happening
No codes no pending codes
So much anxiety driving
Its your TIPM (fusebox under the hood). They go bad internally, and cause all kinds of electrical wonkery. I have 7 Avengers/Sebrings, its all I use at my driving school, and keep several TIPM's on hand because they fail so frequently. Go to the TIPM and look at the part # on the side facing the engine, go to one of the many TIPM rebuilders on the web, or eBay (if you're feeling lucky and want to take a gamble, but its way cheaper), and buy the same exact one with matching part #'s. Get a warranty on it. It takes about 5 mins to replace the entire TIPM, be careful when removing and reconnecting the B+ cable. Touching the fender with the rachet while connected to that will give you a nice new notch in your rachet (and fender).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts