Steering wheel audio controls

Discussion in 'Custom Interior Modifications - Audio / Video' started by mfink, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mfink

mfink New Member

Media:
    I have a REN head unit. I'm going to call the dealer to see if I can possibly get in tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll let everyone know the results.

2. mfink

mfink New Member

Media:
    Well it was a very interesting day at the dealer today, got there 10:30am this morning and didn't leave until 1:25pm. Most of the time was spent with the mechanic arguing with Chrysler about the audio controls. Chrysler stance was that you can't add the controls to the car because Chrysler doesn't offer it as a kit. The mechanic stated that the option code was there for the controls so there was no reason why it would not work.

Chrysler finally gave in and told him how to activate the controls but stated that it probably would not work anyway.

Well lets just say the mechanic was right and Chrysler was wrong. All the audio controls work perfectly! I didn't have to change the clock spring either, I was told from the dealer that I would have to do this to get the audio controls to work.

The dealer charged me $64 to update the VIN code and use the star scan for the controls.

RTz likes this.
  3. Germax

Germax Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Good that it all worked out! People like you being smarter than the builder seems not being appreciated.

4. RTz

RTz Banned

Good job, Pimpin. I love the steering wheel controls. And I've used them on several cars. The Avenger gets it right. :smileup:

5. MSPAC

MSPAC Well-Known Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad to hear !!!!! I have the those and it makes a HUGE difference when you do a bunch of driving. Sounds like you have a good mechanic there !!!! Make sure you go back to that one !!!:smileup:

6. mfink

mfink New Member

Media:
    Well at least now I can use them instead of just having them there on the wheel non-functional. Fortunately I asked here about the controls before buying parts I didn't need. I appreciate all the help everyone provided!

Thanks again,

Mark

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Senior Member MOTM Winner! Forum Founder

Media:
    Albums:
    I am so glad to hear this!! Kinda crappy that they argued about it, but hey, it works now so that is all that matters!!

8. coolguymoscow

coolguymoscow New Member

Hey folks!

Where is my trim code? Only in door sticker?
    link1 and link2

I dont see it...
    My code is ald1 or another?

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Senior Member MOTM Winner! Forum Founder

Media:
    Albums:
    I believe your trim color code is on the label attached to the inside of the drivers side door joint. Your VIN can also tell you the trim code, but I can't remember how to decode the VIN numbers.

10. 2008Avenger

2008Avenger New Member

I know this is an old thread, but what kind of Dodge did the wheel come out of. The 08 Avengers didn't have the radio controls on the steering wheel...correct? Thanks

11. FIREBOY153

FIREBOY153 New Member

This is VERY late, maybe not even monitored, but how did you make out with this?