Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
At some point and time it will be available from Mopar custom. The Avenger is here to stay. Within the next three yrs you will see less plastic being used in the cabin area. There is already much talk going on behind closed doors about the changes that need to be done.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
compaints

My major complaint with the interior is the air vents. Very cheap feeling!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I dont like all the red and white in the stormtrooper. Thats just me but i do like the 3 mopar gauges on the dash, i wonder if u can buy them now hmmmm......

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
But is there a piller for are car to have aftermarket gsuges yet?

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
You can find universal ones on the net. I have found a dash mounted pod that should work. I'll try and find the site again.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Awsome post it up and ill look, now does it post on the dash or a side pilla near the door frame?

·
Registered
49 Posts
im with bullet on the red,, doesnt seem to go. dont like it.

But those upper gauges are sick. id love to put those in mine.

What would the gauges be monitoring? or just for show,

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
U can get gauges that monitor anything pretty much

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
im with bullet on the red,, doesnt seem to go. dont like it.

But those upper gauges are sick. id love to put those in mine.

What would the gauges be monitoring? or just for show,
I will be installing an water temp, oil pressur(sp), air to fule ratio and voltage gauges.
I'll post up the potos of the gauges I'm using later.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Heres a quick snap shot of what gauges I have. I had bought these for my 06 Dak, but traded that in for the Avenger R/T. I still need to pick up the voltage gauge. The one I was not a Faze. I'm removing one of the temp gauges, there are two shown in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What pillar are u gonna use? a universal? i bought a universal one on ebay. Now i just dont know wich gauges to use everyone i tlked to says autometer is the best. I still have not yet decided.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am on the fence about these gauges. I want a car that looks mean, and functions great! But I am not sure I want to clutter up the inside on the car with the various gauges. I suppose the way I feel about it is, if it was meant to be there, Dodge would have put it there, or at least had an option for it. That is my own opinion though.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well if they ever come out with a turbo or supercharger u r gonna have to manage the amount of boost u r puting out with gauges or a boost controller one or the other. Iv never seen a car or truck without trubo/supercharged motors without some kind of monitor. I think it would look great inside on the dash or pillar not to cluttered because on the inside to me it looks to plain, but my opinion. But if u get it done right it will look great.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I am on the fence about these gauges. I want a car that looks mean, and functions great! But I am not sure I want to clutter up the inside on the car with the various gauges. I suppose the way I feel about it is, if it was meant to be there, Dodge would have put it there, or at least had an option for it. That is my own opinion though.
I like to keep track of everything while I'm driving. The water temp gauge that's on the car is not that dead on, ( I checked it with an Actron OBDII systems reader) and there is no oil pressure gauge which is very good to have. I guess I'm use to the old days when the manufactures put these gauges in the cars.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can see why you would want a boost gauge. I have wanted to put some gauges in some of my other cars for oil pressure, and such, but I just haven't wanted to mustard up for the equipment. Bullet, keep us posted on what you do. I am also eager to see what body kit you pick out.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Well if they ever come out with a turbo or supercharger u r gonna have to manage the amount of boost u r puting out with gauges or a boost controller one or the other. Iv never seen a car or truck without trubo/supercharged motors without some kind of monitor. I think it would look great inside on the dash or pillar not to cluttered because on the inside to me it looks to plain, but my opinion. But if u get it done right it will look great.
I have to agree with you on this Bullet85. The Stormtrooper uses an NA 4.0L, and from the feed back I've been getting, this is the motor that just may be used for the next SRT6. Myself, I think that Dodge will stay with the 3.5L motor untill the new Phoenix Engines start to show up. Checkout the link below :

http://allpar.com/mopar/phoenix-engines.html

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like they have a nice engine there. I may have to trade in the wifes car for something like that...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts