Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2010 avenger sxt 2.4l 4 cyl POS has a very rough idle no acceleration at all, etc and cel lights are on, just replaced the alternator and battery, both are in good working order, it's not the coil packs, I'm baffled at what it could be.. please help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Autozone and orielys obd2 scanner just says voltage issue but my multimeter shows proper power is being produced and supplied

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Try to check all ground connections under the hood. Also check all connections on the bottom of the TIPM for corrosion. Have you cleaned the throttle body anytime in the past? A good cleaning with SeaFoam spray might help. Some SeaFoam liquid in the tank regularly helps also. Don't know what maintenance has been performed on your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try to check all ground connections under the hood. Also check all connections on the bottom of the TIPM for corrosion. Have you cleaned the throttle body anytime in the past? A good cleaning with SeaFoam spray might help. Some SeaFoam liquid in the tank regularly helps also. Don't know what maintenance has been performed on your car.
I've cleaned the throttle body today but I will check grounds and tipm for corrosion

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Did you pull the TIPM and check the connections on the bottom?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts