Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m assuming this cars got a bcm as most do as of late though how much is ran through the bcm ?

you CAN unplug the ecm and have the key in acc mode and gave full access to wipers mirrors headlamp tail lamp blinkers radio trunk release door locks, everything short of starting the car

so are the w/regulators ran through said bcm
Door locks?
Headlight?
Taillights? (Communicating through bcm with absmodule?)
Radio?
AIRBAG control module this is important
Is this it’s OWN circuit or does it run via CAN systems if so any idea how to get it off of can?
if it’s just using can to communicate with each sensor and airbag deployer but the sensors and the AIRBAG module isn’t requesting additional info outside of what the airbag module has acces to via it’s various sensors could I literally just re run awire that’s seperate from the can wire (just for the sake of argument it’s one data wire) could be two or three obviously

I have the sxt btw base model as flying hell so with That in mind as I poke around it seems like a very dumb car that’s very circuit to circuit not so much this talks to this talks to this requireing this while collecting serial data from this oh btw are we moving ? Let’s check the wheel speed sensor! Okay yeah go ahead and move ur seat up ur okay type of stupidity that I deal with on cadillacs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
]
Btw my first line was basically stating that everything behind the firewall works properly with no ecu so that means nothing within the car is requireing anything from Infront of the firewall , engine, trans thus eliminating possible stupid complications within the interior of the car after the fact

1 - 3 of 3 Posts