Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys.

Not sure where to post this. My driver's side seat is messed up. I'm not sure when or how it happened, but there's a curved bar (or thick wire) that I can feel my left side when I sit in the seat, and the padding seems to have folded beneath it.

Is it possible to switch the back of the driver's seat for the back of the passenger's seat. The driver's side is power, the passenger's is not. What about the entire seat?

Barring those options, what are some good alternatives for entire front-seat replacements?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The seats have airbags on the outer side of them so it’s not going to be possible to swap them. It’s likely that some of the “hog rings” came loose. You can try to take the seat back apart to see if you can fix it. If you can’t then your beat bet is to see if you can locate a seat at a salvage yard or check craigslist for someone parting out an avenger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seats have airbags on the outer side of them so it’s not going to be possible to swap them. It’s likely that some of the “hog rings” came loose. You can try to take the seat back apart to see if you can fix it. If you can’t then your beat bet is to see if you can locate a seat at a salvage yard or check craigslist for someone parting out an avenger.
How would I take the back of the seat apart without destroying the upholstery?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You would probably have to sort of roll it up on all sides so it turns inside out. You might have to take the back off the seat. I’ve never really looked at it though. I do know that there are wires that go to the headrest, not sure how those connect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts