Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2012 dodge avenger se at 115xxx miles on it. About 2 days ago, after cold started the car it made a teapod whistle sound that lasted about 6 seconds and then disappeared. While driving ot does not make the sound just everytime that it get started. If you guys have had the same issue let me know what you guys did to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If you have the 3.6 it may be your idler pulley. This may help:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Doubtful that the SE has a 3.6. You are probably right about the pully. I would change out the idler, tensioner and belt to resolve this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2012 dodge avenger se at 115xxx miles on it. About 2 days ago, after cold started the car it made a teapod whistle sound that lasted about 6 seconds and then disappeared. While driving ot does not make the sound just everytime that it get started. If you guys have had the same issue let me know what you guys did to fix it. Thanks
Forgot To include cylinder

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check the thermostat housing too. I had a whistle for about a year coming from the belt area...turns out the thermostat housing had a small crack in it and was the cause of the whistle. I had no leak either so that's why i never thought of the t-stat at first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts