Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if you have been following the forums recently you probably know that I am the guy that went up to see Zoomers and donated my car for the exhaust fitment. I am sorry that my car is a FWD and that my trip up there didn't really help out the AWD guys. Well, you probably also know that my excitement was cut short by my mother being hospitalized due to a massive stroke. I greatly appreciate all the support I received from you guys.

I have been away from the forums for about a week because on Feb 10th my mother passes away and I have been in DC taking care of family business. Somewhat ironically, when I got to DC I had to ick up a rental car and the last car on the lot was an 08 Avenger....go figure. It is a silver 2.4. not quite my R/T but makes me feel more at home somehow.

I am going to hand this over to my wife for a second. Her name is Erin. She has some comments about the Zoomer's exhaust. She just got to DC and has been driving my car for the past week or so.

Hi guys! It has been a really hectic week for us. I have been driving Gary's car for a while, which I thought he would never let me do, and I love it. Granted, I never drove the car before he got the new exhaust, but I can say that it sounds absolutely amazing! I normally drive a Saturn Ion Redline and I want Zoomer's to make he an exhaust. From a girl's perspective, the problem I have w ith most performance exhaust systems is that they are way too loud and most of the time, they are loud for the sake of being loud but don't really add any HP. I like his system because it is throaty at rev and high RPM but is mellow and smooth on everyday driving. I definitely don't feel like I am pissing off my neighbors when I drive his car. The other thing I noticed right away about Gary's car is that it seems very responsive. I would say it feels as the the exhaust helped out a lot in that respect. Thanks guys for your carring words. He talks about this forum often.

Ok, it's me again. Gotta love a wife that grew up around cars! I just thought you might want another person's input. I really can't believe that nobody has jumped all over the Zoomer's offer. Granted......I have a vested intrest in this project but this setup is damn near perfect. Please PM me if you have any questions or want a picture that Ron has missed. I know this setup is not the bargain basement exhaust but it is as quality as you can get and backed by a company that believes in their product!

Thanks again guys for your support

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry to here about your mother... But hey us AWD guys still have hope.. Because he was able to look under your car. He was able to come up with an idea. It was actually the first thing he considered with your car. An axle back system.. unfortunately it costs more, but oh well.. I ordered my parts yesterday.. Hopefully they will be on next weekend. You helped us all out.. Once again. truly sorry about your mother

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the exhaust, and again, I am sorry to hear about your mother.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Mom... Zoomers would like to offer our condolences and best wishes to all. Tell your wife thanks for the great review, and I'm glad she likes your Zoomers. Bring the Saturn down we've done them here before, I'm sure she'll like it...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Gary, really sorry to hear about your Mom. I went through the same thing two years ago and it's still pretty fresh. It does and will get better though, it just takes time.

Thanks for you and the wife keeping us updated on the Zoomer's system, I wish just for this one second I had a FWD so my issues would be solved. I'll get it done in the spring.

Take care of yourself and your family. I'm certain all of our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts