Dodge Avenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Pretty sure anything 08 and up will fit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It should fit. If you go the K&N route, you'll have to figure out the mounting bracket on the 11s and up, though...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I should have posted here before. I dropped in the K&N kit on my 2012 SE. It was kind of an odd fit. It felt like I was kind of forcing it in the tube and the bracket they supply wont bolt on to where they suggest. However, it is nice and secure and other than the bracket not fitting was a pretty simple install.

One major thing I found which I wasn't expecting was that the air temp sensor wire is not long enough to reach the placement on the K&N tube. I am pretty savy with wiring and spliced in a longer piece of shielded wire. I accidentally deleted the pics I had of the install but I will post more later on so you can get an idea of the fit in the engine bay and the wiring.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
THis is a great post as i have a 2.4 but i am having a hard time finding one to fit my 12 venge. Any ideas?
As stated numerous times in this thread, anything for the newer models (08 and up) will fit...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone else here have the K&N cai on a 2013 avenger like other thread? If so how did you extend the sensor wire like the guy says he had to do? Cut the wire and add extra or do they make an adapter/extension? Pretty new to this stuff and wanna get some things done to my car

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Anyone else here have the K&N cai on a 2013 avenger like other thread? If so how did you extend the sensor wire like the guy says he had to do? Cut the wire and add extra or do they make an adapter/extension? Pretty new to this stuff and wanna get some things done to my car
I'm not aware of a harness. I believe that he added wire... Have you tried to PM him?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have, no response yet though. From his post its as simple as using bigger spacers, drilling hole, extending sensor wire. Not sure if he's the only one to done that or if others have also with no isses.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have, no response yet though. From his post its as simple as using bigger spacers, drilling hole, extending sensor wire. Not sure if he's the only one to done that or if others have also with no isses.
Others have had to do it...

·
Registered
5,222 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
What's the best way to splice the wire back together? Heat shrinks? Might end up doing it myself... If people have any pics of their wire they did so I can see what it looks like after, And has anyone's check engine light come on or no? Very new to this stuff sorry lol

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
What's the best way to splice the wire back together? Heat shrinks? Might end up doing it myself... If people have any pics of their wire they did so I can see what it looks like after, And has anyone's check engine light come on or no? Very new to this stuff sorry lol
Heat shrink at minimum. Soldering is ideal.

This sensor is simply measuring air temp unlike other sensor that measure air flow and pressure.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts