Dodge Avenger Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is robertp4d. I have a question about the location of the filter when people customize their filters. I notice most people keep it up at the top of the motor. I have been looking under my hood multiple times and i'm gonna try to customize mine so that it gets closer to the back side of the bumper to get colder air. would this be something to consider?

·
Registered
451 Posts
this is robertp4d. I have a question about the location of the filter when people customize their filters. I notice most people keep it up at the top of the motor. I have been looking under my hood multiple times and i'm gonna try to customize mine so that it gets closer to the back side of the bumper to get colder air. would this be something to consider?
Definitely, but make sure you're aware of a few things.

Where the best outside air flow is - generally it is routed on the drivers side of the engine from just under the hood [by the OEM filter box].
Where water can enter the filter - If the filter is too low it could suck up too much water.
Where it is in relation to heat sources - Although the air through the tube travels fast enough where it won't be heated up by a heater tube, if the air is already hot it's not very beneficial for performance. Likewise, keep essential components away from radiator hoses, exhaust manifold, etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the k&n should fit all 2.4, i have a 2013 and it looks identical to the image above. you can always call k&n directly to make sure though, they answered mine and have great customer service as well

·
Registered
879 Posts
Honestly the best place to put a intake is in the wheel well or some place outside the engine bay... kinda like this:

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
55 Posts
Okay, so we know that the 69-2542TS will fit everything after 2008...

But does anyone know if the 69-2549TS is backwards compatible with years before 2012?

It seems they should be, and I like the heat shield/box on the 69-2549TS better than the previous model.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts