The Clay Bar Routine review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Aaron D, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Aaron D

Aaron D Member

Media:
    So, I'm in my man cave(upstairs bedroom XD) messing around on the internet when the idea hit me. Go grab a plastic bag and run it over the car to see what its like....ewwwwwwwwww, were the first words out of my mouth. I had watched some video's on clay baring a car last night and ran the idea around in my head this morning. So I went to walmart..in my truck cause i didnt wanna eww my car up anymore. I came back with $44 worth of fun, minus $2 for the monster energy I got.

First opinions without applying it to the car, nice packaging XD.

I picked up the Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Kit. That comes with two 8oz clay bars, a bottle of Showtime Detailer that acts as the clay bar lube, and a microfiber towel. Next I picked up the Turtle Wax ICE Shine Lock Sealant for when I'm done claying it down. I was also in need of new Microfiber cloths since mine disappear (someone throws them away and I dont know who -__-) I plan on starting the process here in the next few minutes. Gotta wipe it down first actually to get some dirt off the sides. I'll update later on the actual appearance and difference in shine.

[​IMG]

2. Aaron D

Aaron D Member

Media:
    Alright, meant to update this last night but fell asleep lol

The clay bar kit works great, though I still had a few spots I had to hit with nufinish, mainly on the bumper. I used the bag trick afterwards and only had to hit 2 spots over again. but they werent that big, mostly ones that i didnt hit good the first time around.

The sealant worked great, though they say 1oz will do an entire car, i found that 1.5-2oz is more correct ammount, the sponge that give you to apply it doesnt soak up the sealant like they say and it either ends up all rubbed off in one pass or soaked into a part of it that doesnt release it onto the surface of the car but once you get it on there it dries streakless, just have to wipe it down a bit.

The before picture I took of it corrupted, so here is the after. There are still a few spots on the bumper I have a address with nufinish

[​IMG]