Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is my 14 avenger sxt blacktop, I have made my own catback, used a magmaflow muffler in place of the resonator and got rid of that half of barrel on the back lol so I have straight pipes from the muffler back at 2.5". I have installed a remote start which was plug and play just hit lock 3x and it starts. I added a Chrysler harness to add a backup camera and has the possibility to add headrest screens for kids in future. I have painted some of the trim pieces inside. Retro my first headlights always wanted to try on other cars, I had to get a second set of healights because it wouldn't pass inspection from the 50% or so tint on the headlights with the already black bezels in it, so I added 3.0 bi-xenex projectors, it has halos and demon eyes but never got around to hooking those up, led high beams and custom painted the lights, kinda of wish I do some other ideas while I had them opened. Added a stock k&n intake filter. Weathertech floor mats(I needed those bad because I get muddy alot at work. Mopar T shifter(I added the red on emblem) de-emblemed. I also custom fit a under rear bumper fins between dual exhaust( need to straighten up my exhaust, it's starting to say on the right side!).

Future plans: I wanted to add new projectors in place of the fog projectors maybe some that are wired to high beams(I live in the sticks where there is ALOT of deer). CAI. Paint engine cover. Paint the strut tower bar(can't remember what its called right now). Paint calibers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Nice job! Love what you've done so far:cool:

Reactions: Bstainless

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks intrepid, I'll post new pics real soon of some under the hood once completely finish. I've also added the p.u.g lower intake since the last post.
I started to do some 0-60 times today just to see, I did a 6.8 at best, with tc on, in auto, temp was 83, humidity 63%, 252' altitude
So would this be a good time for having a good high flow exhaust (res delete, high flow muffler where the res use to be), Cai, pug lower.
I feel like it should be better than that maybe I need some more test runs.
I was thinking of doing a Diablosport tune because I found my old predator turner that was for a 200 5.7 hemi, came with the car when I bought it then sold it to a friend but kept the tuner so I'm sure I can get it to switch to work for this car over the pc.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
You should be quicker than that. My best was a 5.78. I have a Corsa exhaust, CAI, Diablo tuner with a custom tune and running 94 octane. TC was on and I had it in Autostick mode letting it shift automatically.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I was thinking I could atleast be lower then 6.4. I'll give it a few more goes another day. I was only using 87, wish there was a reasonably close e85 station near be but there all like a 45m+ drive. Remember this thing has like 130k on it but still runs perfect imo. I wish I did a before and after to know if there was any changes.
How true is that stock number for 0-60 at 6.1?
My Cai is a rpm full intake pipe from tb, then I got lucky and talked k&n into selling me just the heat shield off there kit paired with a k&n filter so I shouldnt be hurting because of the mods, I feel like there was a for sure difference after.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Mine ran a 6.7 before any mods. The car would be a bit quicker with stickier tires. Even with the TC it slips a little.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I just have to run it some more, maybe it's what I'm using "torque pro app"( I've had this app along time) to get my 0-60, I also think I need to wrap my intake especially right where the rear headers are, to much heat hits that portion of the intake and raises my intake temp to much.

Reactions: Intrepid

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious what is your intake temp with ambient temp while sitting for let's say 5m in park or stopped?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea mine is at like 90+ on a 70f day sitting for 5m, don't know if that higher than it should be, I know my intake pipe right above the exhaust manifold gets to hot to touch, I mite end up building a heat shield for that area.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I'll add some of the engine tomorrow. Only reason I really did projector s is because I bought the car with like 50% tint on headlights but it wouldn't pass inspection so I had to buy another set. I ended up getting the wrong ones(the silver bezel) but kept them anyways because I can plans to paint them different anyways. My only regret is I don't do as much as I wanted and the projectors(even tho there real nice) has the step down for left side and I don't like that to much, can't see the wood line on the left side of the road and if I raise it enough then I'm blinding people on the right side.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is my engine compartment. I need to repaint my strut bar because it doesn't make my new intake pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Looking great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks... I don't think I listed these but I have redline hood lift struts as well. That normal hood holder always got in my way so I got those because it gives you more room and I always do 100% of the work needed for my vehicles.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Those are nice, I was thinking of doing that too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea they are definitely worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts