Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
There used to be, BUT don't waste your money...It does NOT do much if at all for performance. In fact there are very few inexpensive "bolt ons" that will really "boost" the performance of the 4 banger 2.4 motor.
Enjoy and drive it for what it is and save your money to find a 3.6 Avenger or higher(Charger)! :) ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly just like the sound the spacer creates already working on getting an RT but my overall goal for the 2.4 is at least 200 hp....
Ps never satisfied with stock

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
Honestly just like the sound the spacer creates already working on getting an RT but my overall goal for the 2.4 is at least 200 hp....
Ps never satisfied with stock
Good Luck! I suggest you spend some "quality time" reading the performance/custom 2.4 engine subtopic page to see what members have done or discussed. WARNING...there is not a lot out there for real performance parts.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dont waste your time or money. You will get no gains maybe loose power because your changing the pendulum effect in the manifold. If you want 200 hp your going to need to invest about 5 grand.
Good Luck

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sure. Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.
It is going to cost you close to 5,000 dollars. then you will still get beat by a lot of other stock cars. Best advice would be to save the 5,000 and then sell your avenger and take that money with the 5,000 and buy a different car.
Its not impossible to reach your goal but it will short lived and a lot of money spent for not much gains. Especially if your on here asking about gains for a throttle body spacer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not looking for gain with spacer just like the sound a spacer creates as far as gain i think stock its at like 185 hp got a couple of add ons so should be a lot closer but im thinking manifold swap better exhaust maybe an actual tune... Its goin to be my girls car soon as i get my rt but i feel like 200 is enough without goin crazy

·
Registered
848 Posts
Not looking for gain with spacer just like the sound a spacer creates as far as gain i think stock its at like 185 hp got a couple of add ons so should be a lot closer but im thinking manifold swap better exhaust maybe an actual tune... Its goin to be my girls car soon as i get my rt but i feel like 200 is enough without goin crazy
Manifold swap isnt going to do anything and neither will exhaust unless you go full exhaust. Most you will gain with any bolt ons is 2-3 HP. a tuner will help you unlock some things like the rev limiter and adjust fuel trim.
I am not trying to discourage you and you should do what you want but I am being serious because i have done all of that to my car and it didnt make ant difference. Took it to the track and didnt even drop a second on quarter mile times.
If you want to gain some HP your going to need a set of cams, complete exhaust, headers and all, tuner to dial it in and some intake parts for better air flow. A spacer does nothing and neither will changing your manifold. The only time that will change anything is if your changing the power band and have the numbers to know where the plendunm (sp) spot is. Or put a turbo on it. Either way it is going to cost you above 5000 dollars to do so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts