Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this interior since technically its installed on the inside :p But anyone in metro-detroit area in michigan get their tints from somewhere? I haven't had tints since like....uhhh 97....and I'm not sure what's a good price anymore...I paid $60 for my whole car back then through a friend...so just looking for some good references...I need the avenger tinted and a charger, so hoping to get a 2-for-1 :D Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I had mine done at auto-one in shelby. I had my last car done at auto-one in garden city on ford road. Both came out pretty nice and both cost around $200 iirc. Theres also some customizing type places in the area but I've never worked with them.

If I were you I would wait until the weather warms up. Tint goes on better then.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called around, best price I found was Ziebart over on Van ****/M-59 area...$180 per car...Won't the tint still stick because they have the heated garages?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I called around, best price I found was Ziebart over on Van ****/M-59 area...$180 per car...Won't the tint still stick because they have the heated garages?
Well I guess it just depends on how long you want to be without your car. I mean they aren't going to do it if they feel it won't stick...at least that was the impression I got from auto-one...not sure about ziebart.

I mean the car will warm up in a heated garage. But not in 15 minutes, and surely not as fast lately because of how cold its been. But thats just application. Then you drive the car away, and unless you have a heated garage it will take longer to cure. Or you could probably just leave it there overnight if they will let you but again thats time without your car.

I got mine done in one day. I think I took it in at 10 am, and picked it up around 4ish...something like that. Then they told me I couldn't roll the windows down for 10 days, and had to come back after 10 days so they could be the first ones to roll them down. That was at the auto one in shelby.

When I went to the auto-one in garden city it was during the summer. I had it done on a friday, took about the same amount of time, but I only had to wait like 3 days, and they didn't require me to return to have them roll them down the first time.

I just assumed that it went on easier/better and cured better/faster in the summer, from those 2 experiences.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess it just depends on how long you want to be without your car. I mean they aren't going to do it if they feel it won't stick...at least that was the impression I got from auto-one...not sure about ziebart.

I mean the car will warm up in a heated garage. But not in 15 minutes, and surely not as fast lately because of how cold its been. But thats just application. Then you drive the car away, and unless you have a heated garage it will take longer to cure. Or you could probably just leave it there overnight if they will let you but again thats time without your car.

I got mine done in one day. I think I took it in at 10 am, and picked it up around 4ish...something like that. Then they told me I couldn't roll the windows down for 10 days, and had to come back after 10 days so they could be the first ones to roll them down. That was at the auto one in shelby.

When I went to the auto-one in garden city it was during the summer. I had it done on a friday, took about the same amount of time, but I only had to wait like 3 days, and they didn't require me to return to have them roll them down the first time.

I just assumed that it went on easier/better and cured better/faster in the summer, from those 2 experiences.
Ah I think you are right...I think it still sticks, but takes longer in the winter...PS Our winter has been horrible :) I actually need to call a couple other Auto-1's, I forgot they are independently owned, I just want a warranty with them :p I know the one by me in East Pointe - said if I bring both vehicles at the same time, it's only $190 per vehicle...But what ideal world do they live in where you can survive for hours without a vehicle :p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ah I think you are right...I think it still sticks, but takes longer in the winter...PS Our winter has been horrible :) I actually need to call a couple other Auto-1's, I forgot they are independently owned, I just want a warranty with them :p I know the one by me in East Pointe - said if I bring both vehicles at the same time, it's only $190 per vehicle...But what ideal world do they live in where you can survive for hours without a vehicle :p

Both the ones I dealt with (shelby and garden city) offered lifetime warranty with it. Never had to utilize it so I dunno how it works..but its on the paperwork. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts