Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I drive a 2011 Avenger Lux, v6. Unlucky to get hit with a few problems and they're all pointing to the tipm, according to the dealer. Turn signals flash quick as if the bulb is burnt out (they aren't) but only when lights are on, markers or headlights. Windshield wipers work intermittently and will lock up and freeze mid wipe, and then speed up to resync but then lock up again (makes driving in the rain.. fun..) and now my passenger window is locking up too, will randomly lower the window at times and when I go to close it, it'll go back down, lol.

Dealer is quoting $1600 after labor and everything else to install & program the new tipm. Is it worth it to get it fixed, or trade it in? I've already put a solid amount of money into fixing back to back problems.

Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
I'm NOT certain...but I think the TIPM is plug and play(no programming), and yes it sounds like yours is on the KAPUT side. BUT I would check and CLEAN all the main power and GROUND(Not just at the battery) cable connections first before deciding on the TIPM. And a good independent shop could probably do the quoted job for a LOT LESS.

As to trading in...that is a call only you can make. Only you know the car's history, and how well it serves your needs compared to getting something else.;)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts