Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after watching the youtube video I wanted to know the specs on the top competitors of the Avenger R/T. I went to Motor Trend and screenshot some info.
In the video the guy mentioned the Camry, Accord, and Altima... I chose top of the line for each and here's what came up. The second image is what motor trend listed as top competitors... Lexus IS250... must be a standard for motor trend.

comp1.jpg

top comp.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Fairly big difference in price....the coolest thing about the Avenger is the looks. I don't really care for the looks of the other cars on there. Their styling seems so bland in comparision, even if our styling is more modeled after the charger..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok as far as specs, HP, TQ etc... need to know what I'm going to see on the road. and what's under the hood. Can't have granny catching me slipping.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
You have nothing to worry about with the Lexus or the G6 with rag top or not. I can beat the Camry's all day long. The Altima is the one to watch out for. The Accord I feel is over-rated in the HP ratings. I can blow them away at take off and there nowhere around as fast as we can go in our R/T's. People can talk all they want about our Avenger being nothing but slow and pos. That's because they have never raced the R/T or drove one wide open. All they do is look at ratings and think that addvertized HP is everything. We Avenger owners on the other hand, look at these HP ratings so we can see that the Camry and Accords we just creamed was rated higher than our 3.5L

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have nothing to worry about with the Lexus or the G6 with rag top or not. I can beat the Camry's all day long. The Altima is the one to watch out for. The Accord I feel is over-rated in the HP ratings. I can blow them away at take off and there nowhere around as fast as we can go in our R/T's. People can talk all they want about our Avenger being nothing but slow and pos. That's because they have never raced the R/T or drove one wide open. All they do is look at ratings and think that addvertized HP is everything. We Avenger owners on the other hand, look at these HP ratings so we can see that the Camry and Accords we just creamed was rated higher than our 3.5L
you're referring to the new two door Altima right and not the 4 door, right?

·
Registered
41 Posts
personally, i think what tips the scales in my books re: these cars is the 6sp transaxle we have. not much can keep up off the line, as far as i've seen so far.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
personally, i think what tips the scales in my books re: these cars is the 6sp transaxle we have. not much can keep up off the line, as far as i've seen so far.

That is so true, and thanks for bring this point up. The six speed shift points are set close togather and the way Dodge thought out the gear ratios within those shift points are perfect.
Go to this link and you will see why we have one of the best 6 speed tranmissions out there.
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/62TE.html

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think you should add in the VW jetta to the mix. My wife has an 06 2.5 manual transmission. It's a 5 cylinder and not overly speedy but is cheap and gets great gas milage.

My wife just returned from a trip to NC and averaged 31-32 mpg highway.

my avenger is slightly larger than her Jetta in front and back interior space.

- Dan M

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're not the only one. I'm so used to driving manual shifts... I have to get used to the autostick. I have a habit of hitting the shifter in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You're not the only one. I'm so used to driving manual shifts... I have to get used to the autostick. I have a habit of hitting the shifter in the wrong direction.

Thats easy to do. Wouldn't it be sweet if we had six speed manuals in our cars? I think the biggest thing is gauging the shift point. Very little lag in the 6 speeds but you still have to shift "early" so its shifting where you want it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I saw a post on here that had the shifting points and the link to allpar helped out also... I'm so used to 1st and 2nd being so close... not anymore :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
06 jetta correction

I stand corrected. My wife informed me she got over 34 mpg on the way up and back (GA to NC).

edmunds.com stats

06 jetta 2.5 FWD
3230 lbs
2.5 L inline 5
5 speed manual
no a/c running
150 hp 170 torque

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
The other SRT's aren't manual are they? For some reason I love driving a manual car...
The Charger SRT has Autostick and so does the 300. On Dodges website it states that the Caliber SRT4 has a six speed manual. Say I hope if there is an SRT6 Avenger that it will be a manual.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts