- If it is not already installed, install the jam nut on the inner tie rod threads. Thread the jam nut down the inner tie rod far enough to allow for outer tie rod installation.
- Thread the outer tie rod onto the inner tie rod approximately the same amount of revolutions as the original was installed. Do not tighten the jam nut at this time.
- Install the outer tie rod end into the hole in the knuckle arm. Start a NEW tie rod mounting nut onto the stud. While holding the tie rod end stud with a wrench, tighten the nut with a wrench or crowfoot wrench. Tighten the nut to 63 ft. lbs. (85 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Adjust the front wheel toe setting.
- Tighten the tie rod jam nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) once wheel toe is set.