Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just over 253k here and the Trans stuck in second gear (safe mode). I pulled over quickly and read the codes,
P0760\P0700. This points towards Solenoid C.
Got towed to a shop, scanned with a Snap On Tool and subsequently took the gamble on changing the solenoid, filter and fluid ( was Dark)
Lets just say there is a reason i do not play the lottery..
So This is a 2010 SXT 2.4 PZEV. First time for real issues... Car is in good shape, I would prefer to fix and continue to run it.

So, my questions are this:
Replace the trans or rebuild the current?
With the miles do I replace/rebuild the engine too?
Does anyone have leads on a good donor, say a wrecked car with 100k or less?
What years and models are known to swap?
If possible, eliminating the PZEV systems would be great, AP is annoying and it holds back this lil 4cyl.

Do I just buy something new for too much and say goodbye to my faithful steed of 11+ years?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey, if anyone popped in to look, i got a resolution, or at least a culprit... it NOT the trans!! THE PCM has issues, some burn spots inside.
Currently the car runs and drives fine when I use a PM from another same year and model car, i just have to use two keys, one ignition turns the car on, the other starts it... so strange... a new PCM is on the way.
The dealer said they cant help and said to trade it for a new car haha... they claim to have discontinued it and can no longer service it, its features or many of the electronics of these cars... how sad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts