Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2.2 Daytona Shelby z 2.4 2014 dodge avenger
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy of mine and I were talking intake work since I've only got so far with my custom setup. .
I have told him of a dual intake likey Daytona in my profile pic.. or run the intake I have filter were old box is modded the hood for more air to get in and push the heat away then I wanted to tube out from the front of that filter to fog light area and pop that out and show the front opening of another small k.n filter. . To help keep theain one cleaner and adds a lil restriction but not much as doing 3 inch intake to a 3inch long 2and 1/4 inch reduction then filter like my buddy. .
But he said if my car learns eventually that the car flowsor air from map reading it constantly then what happens in u tap a one inch whole after or right before the throttle body hookup then he said ten use a set of reducer to match out to 3 inch intake add a foot of strait pipe and leave it right at the bumper. .then take sum mechanic wire and use the grill with honeycomb to attach wire. Stupid fast cold air that the maf. Won't ever see andi saidight run to lean he said then stat with smaller 1/2 inch hole. .
Then I started to think you know he actually might be onto something their. Because wouldn't I get quick throttle and low rpm produce better higher low end from that setup alone thus makein tq on the Dyno graph a lil climb more abrupt up to peak almost. .
Then from the normal longer full 3 inch from t.b coupler would be supplied with outside air and the hot air is getting pushed out the back of the hood cooling everything that the air rushes bye. At least at 80 and 90 I noticed grate gains after 55. Btw just with that alone. .
But anyway so hypothetically now I have more low end or at least back to stock low end maybe 1-2 ft lbs add. Wishful. And the higher peak hp and tq. From the normal intake setup. . .
Is my buddy actually on to something with this short ram/cold air and ad a cai with a lil bit more cooling and ram then some others with their setups. .
It sounds kinda possible. To the point I might go get me a extra pipe that is already on my intake match it up cut a half inch hole and just add the foot or so of strain pipe and borrow his filter. And have him run my time 0-60 and and 0-100 55 to 10 and my 80 to 120 that I'm kinda proud of a few cars I assume would kill me either don't pull away as fast or I stay right with them. .
I almost wanna find one of you boys with a 6 cyl. . I found a turbo caviler. But honestly he definitely has put money into his exhaust and turbo.
And he has a bov that sounds like a skyline. .
Boy gets on it trash at first ok cool. Then he turns to enter highway so I slow Cruse get up to 60 slightly as he is coming around me the brake smashed the gas and about the time we are dead even my downshift locked I let up and it gives the illusion that I have more tq then I do. .so he gets on it. . Catches up slowly thro I think 2 geas he shifted. Then I hear screaming banshee he definitely was maybe 3 quarters gas maybe let because all I could hear was his turbo and a lil of my moter. .
I think this is what a boosted advenger could would like and he lets off after passing me bye 2 car legs damn fast might I add. And I hear the sick sound of what almost sounded like a skyline. .
Told my girlfriend yeah wen I find one of those I'ma neither get hit bye some dumbass....
Lol full coverage. . .
or I'ma get that and she can drive the slow shit. . .
Slowest car I've owned was a 2017 Accord with the intake chambers sealed off and that's it. .

·
Registered
2.2 Daytona Shelby z 2.4 2014 dodge avenger
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have a Dyno graph of stock 2.4 2014 not the pez engain the normal
I don't have access to mine ATM since I'm not aloud back at were I was living because my sister's man's a ass whole I'm better than poor ppl shit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts