Tricks to getting sap off? | Dodge Avenger Forum

Tricks to getting sap off?

Discussion in 'Detailing and General Maintenance Forum' started by JustJeffafa, Apr 10, 2017.

1. JustJeffafa

JustJeffafa New Member

So apparently the guy who owned my venger before me liked to park under a pine tree or something because I have a ton of sap bubbles on the roof rear windshield an hood. I got it off the glass fine but do you guys have any tricks to getting it off the paint? BTW my paint is black and it shows every tiny little swirl and scrape ... Thanks

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Ask ANY of your fellow BLACK Avenger driver members! Biggest pains to keep looking "showroom sharp"! All I can offer to do is with COOL metal and in the shade to use carefully and Gently a bug and TAR product and LOTS of patience as to not harm the paint(Black shows Everything). Member Tyronne 23 has done a LOT of detailing with BLACK, Maybe when he comes on, will see this and offer some advice!

3. JustJeffafa

JustJeffafa New Member

Thanks man. It got pretty warm here in MD yesterday and it heated it up enough for me to get some off but I'm so afraid of damaging the paint.

4. John316

John316 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Wash well, dry off and then work over the area with clay bar. Use lots of lubrication/detailing spray and work on a small area at a time, folding and re-flattening the clay frequently as you go. Meguiars is my brand of choice but I believe there are others. There is a video HERE.

JustJeffafa likes this.