Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why didnt they make a latch to lift the trunk up? wulda been nice to not have to reach under the lip and lift

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I prefer the smooth look. I wonder though...I bet you could wire in a solenoid like they use for car doors with shaved handles and have it pop the lid automatically....would be a neat mod.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
the trunk pops open using the button on the key...
I think what they are talking about is not actually having to lift the lid. At least thats what I was referring to.

When I had my magnum, there was a guy that put some heavy duty spring type deals on the liftgate shocks, so that it was like an auto opening liftgate.

Imagine your carrying mods out to the car and only have the ability of clicking the remote. You click it...trunk pops open..drop mods in the back and close. Easier then setting everything down, opening lid, picking stuff up and putting in trunk and closing, right?

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes... I thought about that.. for the trunk to come completely open.... that would be nice.. but I know I would not want a handle on the back of the trunk.....lol...lol.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i meant a easier way to open it. im not to lazy to do that just would have been nice to have a hold to do it

·
Registered
240 Posts
I prefer the smooth look. I wonder though...I bet you could wire in a solenoid like they use for car doors with shaved handles and have it pop the lid automatically....would be a neat mod.
I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't know much about them but I've seen these in pepboys (Autostore)

·
Registered
565 Posts
It would be nice if it were like my wife's 06 jetta, when she pops the trunk, if lifts the lid almost all the way up .

my R/T trunk just barely opens. I've caught my wife several times opening it from the spoiler. I wonder if loose spoilers will be a problem down the road as a result of this.

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
It would be nice if it were like my wife's 06 jetta, when she pops the trunk, if lifts the lid almost all the way up .

my R/T trunk just barely opens. I've caught my wife several times opening it from the spoiler. I wonder if loose spoilers will be a problem down the road as a result of this.

- Dan M
Very good question. I would not think so, but you never know. Again, very good question.

·
Registered
240 Posts

- Dan M
Oh my!!! my nephew did the exact same thing... Trying to open the truck by the spoiler... I said NOO!!!!:SHOCKED::smiledown::158:... but I told him what he did wrong and I'm sure he wont do it again. I noticed that if you give the trunk a little nudge, it will close automatically... I guess it's heavy enough to close on it's own.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yes I noticed that too. I sort of slammed it the first time, after that I lower it most of the way and just let it drop, closes every time!

- Dan M

·
Registered
41 Posts
may be a good idea to get a piece of webbing or something, about 1" wide & jury-rig something to the inside of the trunk, thinkin about doin that coz it doesn't lift at all when chilly

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think if I can figure it out, I would put a solenoid in to pop the trunk open all the way, and then a nice little grab handle made of leather on the inside to pull it closed.

This way no touching it to open and close and no fingerprints all over the back. No loose spoilers either...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you put in a strong lift? To offset the wait of the spoiler. I tested a trunk without the spoiler and it works much better...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I think if I can figure it out, I would put a solenoid in to pop the trunk open all the way, and then a nice little grab handle made of leather on the inside to pull it closed.

This way no touching it to open and close and no fingerprints all over the back. No loose spoilers either...
I open it from the very bottom of the lid, then when I close it, I actually use that emergency release handle on the inside and pull it down. No touching the outside :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts