Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read (probably erroneously, but I'm trying it) that the stock WCM can be enabled to work with remote start and that the only difference will be reduced range. So I got a remote start key fob, programmed it to the car, installed a hood switch, enabled the switch, enabled remote start, reset the WCM.

It pops the trunk. Trunk release also pops the trunk. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't that. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Do I absolutely need a different WCM?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
How did you reset the WCM???
A lot of things like remote start and others need to be programmed in with dealer level "scanner/programmer" to enable the BCM to allow those kind of functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry, is it bad form to mention appcar here? C'mon, folks, I've been a lurker on this forum for years. Y'all aren't gonna help me work this problem?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
I'm sorry, is it bad form to mention appcar here? C'mon, folks, I've been a lurker on this forum for years. Y'all aren't gonna help me work this problem?
Well, I wish I could be of more help but as you can see by my avatar pic...I've got the older Coupe platform without the electronics of your Sedan. I also am not familiar with the capabilities of the tool you are using. A lot of my Sedan Knowledge comes from being active here and reading thru info given in older threads, my problem is that my PC skills lack ability to do links to point others to already posted info. Your "quest" has not "rung my bell" to requests for such doings, about all I can remember is of a few folk trying to add in complete "stand alone" remote start systems and having trouble doing so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It pops the trunk. Trunk release also pops the trunk. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't that. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Do I absolutely need a different WCM?
[/QUOTE]

I have the exact same problem? Did you ever figure out what it was? I suspected the wiring in my remote might have gotten knocked around but if you are having the same issue its not likely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts