Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2009 dodge avenger. For the last month and a half it has been in the shop for various fixes including intake/outtake manifolds (no real issue until AFTER this) and spark plugs/coil packs. BOTH times after just 24 hrs the engine light returns with the same issue. The car wont go past 55 and even thats pushing it right now. The RPMs get stuck at 3 right around that speed. It starts amazing but struggles once you start to put it in motion. A new engine shake started. I did the key dance but it came up with nothing. The engine light is shining and intermittently flashes.

I am currently running seafoam to see if it clears fuel lines/ injector just in case.

What do i do??? I DONT want to get rid of this car!!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You have to pick up a good scanner or have someone scan your computer for codes to see why the check engine light is on.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Sounds like a possible plugged cat. The Seafoam may help out with this. If you remove an O2 sensor and tie it off while still plugged in and go for a drive, it may run better because of the extra exhaust port. It will give you an additional code for the O2 but it may allow you to attain more than 3k rpm. If you can get more rpm it is a good sign that the cat is plugged and has now found a new exit for the exhaust gasses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts