Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new here. Just bought a 2010 Avenger R/T. I tried syncing the U-Connect with my phone, but when I hit the phone button on the dash, it gives me a message stating it's not equipped. If it's not equipped, why would the buttons be there? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
the button is part of the radio. all the radio's that have the ability to have uconnect added have the uconnect button...

·
Registered
998 Posts
the button is part of the radio. all the radio's that have the ability to have uconnect added have the uconnect button...
This pisses me off. I knew I didnt have uconnect but when I hit the button its like a smack in the face

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealership just quoted me $479 to add the full functionality to the radio. Seems a little steep to basically add a microphone, but oh well....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Dealership just quoted me $479 to add the full functionality to the radio. Seems a little steep to basically add a microphone, but oh well....
it's a whole module... plus they have to install it and reconfigure the vehicle... it's hardly just adding a microphone. i think the HFM kit alone costs over 300 (it was 260'ish for me, but i get 10% over cost) then u figure 2 hours for labor to install... so that sounds about right actually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it's a whole module... plus they have to install it and reconfigure the vehicle... it's hardly just adding a module. i think the HFM kit alone costs over 300 (it was 260'ish for me, but i get 10% over cost) then u figure 2 hours for labor to install... so that sounds about right actually.
Damnit. Ok. I'll set up a PayPal account and start taking donations...

·
Registered
192 Posts
it's a whole module... plus they have to install it and reconfigure the vehicle... it's hardly just adding a microphone. i think the HFM kit alone costs over 300 (it was 260'ish for me, but i get 10% over cost) then u figure 2 hours for labor to install... so that sounds about right actually.
For the 2010 the part number is 82211877 for the U-Connect kit. $264.41
Here is one one Ebay for $218.81 shipped and this is a dealer.
also looks like 82211877 is now replaced by 82212499

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-CHRYSLER-DODGE-JEEP-UCONNECT-PHONE-WIRELESS-HANDS-FREE-MOPAR-OEM-/390363368696?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae3784cf8&vxp=mtr

Hands Free Bluetooth Car Kit, uconnect phone
Uconnect phone kit with iPod integration­. Hands-free calling and allows control of your iPod through the radio controls. Kit includes microphone,­ module & wiring harness. To utilize your iPod, a separate iPod cable, part number 82211263 must be purchased. Will not work with RES radio w/o uconnect button.

I installed the U-Connect 82212499 in my 2011 Avenger Heat with the RBZ radio, price for the kit was was $237.85 shipped and installed it myself. Yes, you have to go to the dealer to have them activate it. :smiledown: The dealer here did it for free... :smileup: Some charge up to $95.00. :158: I did not get the iPod harness but, it is just a plug in and you route the cable into the glove box/or wherever you want it.
I found out that some ebay sellers (which are dealers) do not have them in stock and they are back ordered from Mopar. I did find a Jeep dealer online that had it in stock and shipped it out the same day ($237.85)

I see that you have a 2010, but for the owners of 2011-12
You can also add the steering wheel controls (2011-12): see the link below

http://www.avengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=49004

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yep almost all the radios now have the Uconnect button but full functionality generally only shows up on the mid to higher end models. The kit is steep but it is nice to have the right thing in the car rather than some aftermarket set up. I want to do factory remote start on mine but unlike the Uconnect its not something I feel I have to have. LOL

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Sorry you are a bit upset about this.

It is easily upgradeable, but a bit pricey as you are finding out.

Other options are possible. I personally have a separate GPS unit that I use as my speaker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts