Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 2.4l RT Avenger. Nearly back to life and now throwing transmission codes. 40te or 41te transmission. Long story, "attempting to be" short. She broke down gauges went crazy later throttle went crazy and shut down jumped time. New throttle body, installed and relearned. New timing chain's, crankshaft sprocket and tensioner's. Replaced clutch pulley for alternator. Also cleaned ground straps connections and any where I could eye possible resistance. She runs and put out a few cam position actuator circuit open codes (p0010, p0013)till warmed up. Battery alternator system tested and passed, Drove and was ok but suddenly went into limp mode. Threw gear ratio in first, input speed sensor 1 circuit performance and mil request.(p0731,p0716,p0700) Cleared codes, cleaned sensor connections minimally. Ran and threw new codes cam pos sensor was back bank 1 pos 1 and 2. Gear ratio in 3(p0733) 4(p0734) and input speed sensor performance code(p0716). Not to mention scary pcm internal shutdown timer rationality p1607. She runs but I wont drive her and afraid it is electrical ,pcm or ecm issue. Is it time to find a professional or can I track with a multimeter and my minimal ability to know what I'm doing. Thank you for your time and any advice馃檪
Kind regards
Huey

Registered
Wow, lots of issues. The last thing to check would be the connections on the bottom of the TIPM for any corrosion. It may be time to find some professional help, a dealer or someone with a high end scan tool.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, lots of issues. The last thing to check would be the connections on the bottom of the TIPM for any corrosion. It may be time to find some professional help, a dealer or someone with a high end scan tool.
I assumed that was best bet. I eyed the tipm connections but theres so little play I didnt want to pull it myself and incur any wire damage. Thank you very much for your thoughts on the matter馃槉

Registered
No problem, sorry I could be much help with so many issues happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts