Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 Avenger SE and I want to go from my 215/65R16 with 16x6.5 to a 235/55R18 with Rage R20 wheels 18x8 with an offset of 40. I am concerned about tire rub whilst driving and also when turning. I don't know if they will fit without any type of spacer or mod. Should I buy them? Will they fit if its stock?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are some threads about wheel mods on the forum, and hopefully someone that has done this will help you out.

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
image.png
Comparing your proposed wheels to the stock 18 inch avenger wheels this is what they show. If you can find the offset for the 16x6.5 wheels I can get you a picture of the tire calculator comparing them to the new wheels if you'd like

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Those look good!! Now you need some tint!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have basically the same car as you according to looks, i would suggest plasti dipping your spoiler! i did it to mine and i love it! I plasti dipped my grill and with the spoiler black at the back it really evens out the white and black in the car. just a suggestion but I think you would love the way it looks. btw what are the wheels you have? they look amazing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
image.jpg
The rims are the Rage R20's. I purchased them along with the tires from ebay. The tires are Falken G4 All Season. Together they were around a $850 to $900 with install.
Here is a link to the rims.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-16X7-...ash=item4867056129:g:pyIAAOSwwo1XfKP8&vxp=mtr
So these will fit mine no problem? What tire size should I be looking for after they arrive? I drive fast, like a little tread but low profiles look nice please point me in the right direction!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as you make sure the bolt pattern is the 114.3 they will fit perfectly. I have the falken g4 all season tires and they work very well in the rain. I have yet to test them in winter conditions. The tire size is 235/55R18. They fit perfectly without any rubbing issues. View attachment 11428
20160709_115436.jpg
View attachment 11428

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also don't forget to call discount tire direct in order to purchase the correct lug nuts for your car.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It depends on what size you go with, and how expensive of a tire on how spendy they are. If you are looking between 18s and 19s, 19s will end up being almost double. Trust me, I just bought 19s... haha

Reactions: Alex M Bailey

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have 235/50R18s and they fit just fine, no problems at all, and just a +0.92% variance in diameter from your original 165/65R16 size. FYI, 235/55R18s have a variance in diameter of +4.34%. Any variance over +/-3% is generally considered a bad thing. Just sayin...

Results here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts