Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Dodge Avenger has been having a few problems lately. It idles incorrectly and sometimes even shuts off. Also while driving it sometimes causes rough driving due to a sudden jerk or "turbulence." I tried cleaning the throttle body, which indeed was dirty, but to no avail did it diminish the problem. I am sure it is more than likely a vacuum leak.
I wanted to test it by spraying certain parts of the vacuum hose and intake gasket to see if it in fact is a leak. However, I am unaware of were to even spray. I was wondering if anyone could be nice enough to help me understand the correct areas to even begin spraying so that I can see if I can make any progress with this issue. Sorry, I am not too familiar with car parts or terminology so anything will be a big help or if there is any diagram or pictures that are somewhere on the internet to refer to.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
while I won't be able to help you with where to spray, I am pretty sure tho that for accurate help, they will need your engine size.

how many miles on your car and has regular maintenance been kept up on it? Especially the air filter and have you changed your plugs...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also if its not a vacuum leaks, try using some sea foam. I have used that and have experienced improvements in all of my cars, including my venger. On your car i would recommend using the aresal type. You can buy it in most auto stores.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice. It's a v6 engine and it has 70k miles. Plugs have been replaced before and so has the air filter. Battery had been replaced as well

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
That post was 7 years ago and will probably go unanswered. Since you replaced all of those parts I assume you did a scan for codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No code at all. Next I'm doing the throttle body, fuel injectors and cam sensors. Kinda pricey. But easy to do too. And wont have to worry about them for a while. Cant find any vac leak either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts