Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location of the Variable valve timing solenoid/actuator I cannot find anything about it The code that was thrown was P000B Engine Position System Performance - Bank 2 Suggested fixes come back as replacing this and doing an oil change any ideas
upload_2019-2-9_16-26-28.png

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
It would be VERY HELPFUL if you could post what year and engine size of the Avenger you're asking about.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Sorry for the late response, was having dinner with company. Yours is a little asked for info for that part, of which on yours has onr for the intake and one for the exhaust. Can't tell you exactly where they bolt in, but my guess is on the front of the cylinder head and probably covered by the intake manifold. I've spent the last 1/2 hr. searching myself and am coming up blank for def. info!
Welcome to the Forumz, and good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TY so much for the information you are a life safer!! while it did not get the precise location of the vvt I was able to track it down with this information if anyone else runs into this problem on a 2008 2.4l it is on the passenger side of the motor under the engine cover
Inkedvvt_LI.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to mention this is dual vvt motor has one for intake and one for exhaust the other is directly behind this one on the back of the motor

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Glad you found them! Member Intrepid has a knack for linking in such outside information that I just can't seem to get the hang of doing! But my post said correctly about one for intake and one for the exhaust.
Let us know how things work out after you get the task done!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts