Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone added any vent visors to their car? if so which manufacturer did you go with. i'm looking for in-channel visors, i hate adding tape to the paint.

·
Registered
129 Posts
bought a set for mine at the dodge dealer, mopar brand and they
have a mopar logo in white, on the front set.

:3-smoke:

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I have some AVS tail light covers on my Pontiac... they make some good stuff. If they ever become available, that is what I would suggest.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I like the concept, but it almost seems too much stuff added to the car if not done right.

Then again its gotta be better than those awful suburus (i think) that had the "half window" type thing? Never could figure out what that was all about lol.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I just saw one of those the other day, and I was telling my wife that I was wonting to get one of those instead of the Ford Probe I bought years ago... I hated the half window thing, so I bought the Probe... that is funny that you mentioned that. What was Subaru thinking when they made that car? If you were an over weight person, you probably could not get out through the window if you had to... so sad...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just saw one of those the other day, and I was telling my wife that I was wonting to get one of those instead of the Ford Probe I bought years ago... I hated the half window thing, so I bought the Probe... that is funny that you mentioned that. What was Subaru thinking when they made that car? If you were an over weight person, you probably could not get out through the window if you had to... so sad...

Who knows? Looked like a concept to production design gone wrong lol..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your Dodge dealer should be able to get you a set of in channel ones.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Your Dodge dealer should be able to get you a set of in channel ones.
I checked w/ a couple dealers...parts guy said Mopar's website is up to date before their catalog is updated...right now they only offer the stick-on deflectors...

From my local dealership, I get the employee discount :D but for the sides, price is $62.25+tax which isn't bad at all, as if I remember correctly, when I had a truck, just for 2 windows it was about $45-50 for 3rd party aftermarket.

The sunroof deflecter is $53.25 + tax, ripoff in my opinion.

I also checked out those avenger door sills...still on the pricey side to me, but not sure I never had manufactur door sills, only the diamond plate ones...but my price on that was $104.25 + tax.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Is that 62.25 for all four windows, or just the front two? Doesn't sound like a bad price if it were for all four! Yeah, those sills are not cheap. One other member has them too! They look super sharp.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Is that 62.25 for all four windows, or just the front two? Doesn't sound like a bad price if it were for all four! Yeah, those sills are not cheap. One other member has them too! They look super sharp.
All 4...but I was thinking...are they going to look stupid on the car with the windows down like in the summer? Dodge did such a good job on the exterior, I don't want it to look dumb with my little add-ons lol

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I have never owned vent visors for the fact that I could not attach them to my cars. None of them have had the top piece of the door that the window slides into. I personally enjoy the looks without them on cars, but they may help with the wind noise.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I have never owned vent visors for the fact that I could not attach them to my cars. None of them have had the top piece of the door that the window slides into. I personally enjoy the looks without them on cars, but they may help with the wind noise.
Oh I just like them for the only 2 reasons LOL :

Winter - I can smoke in the rain/snow
Summer - I can smoke in the rain

LOL

Someone told me you can crack your windows in the summer especially if you have tinted windows to let the heat out...but with the new roll down window remote deal, I don't think its necessary...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Oh I just like them for the only 2 reasons LOL :

Winter - I can smoke in the rain/snow
Summer - I can smoke in the rain

LOL

Someone told me you can crack your windows in the summer especially if you have tinted windows to let the heat out...but with the new roll down window remote deal, I don't think its necessary...
LOL, I would agree with that. I don't smoke however....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts