Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the answer you might have been looking for, i know i was.

If you own a Dodge/Chrysler Diesel with the engine code "ECD" then your Volkswagen Engine code is "BKD" - this is the engine used in the MK5 Golf GT TDI 140bhp.

Transmission code should be "KDN" if Dodge havn't used there own gearbox which is unlikely but when i confirm i will let you know

The good news is, now you can go to your Dodge dealer for engine parts or Volkswagen or even Factors like Euro Car Parts and Camberley Auto Factors etc

I work at volkswagen and have had numerous mechanix check this info, hould be correct.

Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Kool, thats good info.
I wish I had a diesel. One thing I really want to see from American auto makers, smaller diesel motors for cars.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Good info thanks for sharing !!!!! :smileup::smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Good info buddy, thanks. :smileup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the answer you might have been looking for, i know i was.

If you own a Dodge/Chrysler Diesel with the engine code "ECD" then your Volkswagen Engine code is "BKD" - this is the engine used in the MK5 Golf GT TDI 140bhp.

Transmission code should be "KDN" if Dodge havn't used there own gearbox which is unlikely but when i confirm i will let you know

The good news is, now you can go to your Dodge dealer for engine parts or Volkswagen or even Factors like Euro Car Parts and Camberley Auto Factors etc

I work at volkswagen and have had numerous mechanix check this info, hould be correct.

Happy Motoring.
Hi, I have got an Avenger 2.0L CRD SE, I understand it was built for the European Market. It is a Volkswagen Turbo Diesel 103Kw = 140Hp, but the engine code per CoC is "BYL".
Now the waste gate failed. They say it is on warranty, but it needs time to get the new part.
Do you know which supplier it is and which type the turbo is? Is it Honeywell?
On the Mopar page they don't quote the type for the Turbo, and on the Honeywell page it doesn't find an Avenger in the application search.
Thanks Dirk

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I can not tell you the excact Turbo brand, but could be Garrett or Mitsubishi.

But it should be mentioned on the housing as well.

·
Super Italian Moderator
5,164 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The avenger, caliber and journey CRD motor is "BYL" not the BKD (it was a bad motor with a lot of troubles) from VW the only parts that they have are motor and 2 or 3 accessories. The manual box is AISIN BG6 (TOYOTA mount this)

Sorry for my english.

Bye!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts