Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently found out about the hood bubbling/rust warranty that is getting replaced soon and had the cylinder head replaced under warranty for the cracking.

Its a 2012 SXT Plus 3.6lt. 65,xxx miles. In-service date is in April of this year.

Is there any other things I should look for or have checked before my 5 years is up? I have never owned a car this new before. The only vehicle I bought new was a 2006 ZX-6R with 3 miles on it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts
Well times have changed DRAMATICALLY since I have had a car with "new car warranty". Member Intrepid posted a link to a site, that you plug in your VIN and some other info that would tell of any service bulletins and recalls for your car,
On a thread within the last year. I can't remember where that thread is,maybe you could spend a little time "catching up here" with a search for it. Or member Intrepid will see this and spell it out again for you (he has much better PC skills than I).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok Guys, Its been a while since i posted and wanted to give you guys an update. Ive been very busy with work and took 10 days off for vacation.

I scheduled to have my replacement hood installed while I was on vacation. They actually had the car for 12 or 13 days. The day before I was do to pick up the car, I called to make sure it was done. She assured me it was done and looked great! I show up and there are fish eyes covering the hood, like it rained on it! Paint swirls, spider webbing all over the hood, polishing compound on the quarter panels, windshield, and doors. It looked like something I could have done. We were 10ft away when she noticed the first major fish eyes. She immediately said they would fix it.

So, I had to drive it to the body shop across town, so they could fix it. They gave me a 17 Cruze (of which really wasn't horrid, but not great by any means). About 24 hours later I get a call saying it was done. I drove there thinking, they just "polished" it out and calling it a day, thinking there is no way they could paint it in 1 day. Well they ended up repainting the hood. This time around they did a great job! I am very happy with how it looks now.

I am also pretty happy with the customer service. Its sad, that they had it 12 days, in which they could redo it in 24 hours.

Posting pictures would be pointless, as its still just a stock car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha that was my thought! lol.

They had it for 12ish days, so no idea. I picked up on a tuesday afternoon. So, it could have been a Long Weekend Monday Morning Rush job! lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bringing this post back from the dead....
Did you ever figure out when your warranty expires?
Me personally I just started a claim 2 weeks ago about my hood also, I'm at 61,000....
As for any warranty parts, I had my master drivers window switch replaced and rear upper strut mounts for a clunking noise that is now back after 10,000miles. Other than that I've had no real mechanical issues personally. My car is a 2013 RT......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts