Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a puddle of water in the back floorboard driver side. I have checked window and ceiling and I see no place where water has come in. I even had someone sit inside the car while I spayed water on the vehicle and can not find where it is coming in. It happens whenever it rains. It is not just a little bit of water but actually a puddle of water.

any suggestions would be geately appreciated

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is it coming from the B-pilar, the hump the lower left corner, etc....

Do you have a sunroof or anything like that?

Have you checked the outter gap between the roof and the door frames?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Also check the corners near the rear glass where it meets the roof... Another member here had water leak through the front windshield that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
back floor wet

I had same water problem recently in back floor drivers side. No explaination where it came from.Same time I had problems with car not going into overdrive.
Getting it check on as we speak.
My trunk also leaks water in when opened. Dealership person said poor design. Nothing to do about it but dont open up all the way.:kap:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Dealership person is a moron if they said that and I would quickly take my car somewhere else. There are a couple of fixes for the trunk... The dealership will remove the black plugs at the bottom of the lid (by the latch on the outside edges), or you could silicone around the 3rd brake light inside the trunk. The fact that your dealer doesn't even know what Dodge tells them to do is pretty ridiculous (unless you are referring to water on top of the trunk and not inside of it)...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get a puddle of water in the back floorboard driver side. I have checked window and ceiling and I see no place where water has come in. I even had someone sit inside the car while I spayed water on the vehicle and can not find where it is coming in. It happens whenever it rains. It is not just a little bit of water but actually a puddle of water.

any suggestions would be geately appreciated
I have the same problem....did you find where it is coming from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
back floor wet

I had same water problem recently in back floor drivers side. No explaination where it came from.Same time I had problems with car not going into overdrive.
Getting it check on as we speak.
My trunk also leaks water in when opened. Dealership person said poor design. Nothing to do about it but dont open up all the way.:kap:
I am having the same water leakage problem. Did you get your problem solved?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts