Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Thank you, I've been doing Birthday greetings for a long time now under the old platform. It would be nice to be able to continue if it is able to be done somehow. Was VERY EASY under the OLD format.

There is a profile post section in a members information page(and that works), it just does not show on the main page like the old platform did(more like a private message). BUT NO WAY to know if somebody has a birthday to send a greeting to. AND even though it is a part of members information and has a box to check ro show DOB/age...it does NOT show in any area of use.

EDIT: In my opinion this platform encourages more of a TECH SERVICE for car problem resolution for general populace to come to looking for answers than a community of car enthusiasts with comradery and mutual support with sharing of things learned by experiences.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A strong forum community has never been about the platform used. It about the people that come together to discuss and share with each other and along the way, true friendships are built.

Just my 2 cents...

- Cricket

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
422 Posts
There is a profile post section in a members information page(and that works), it just does not show on the main page like the old platform did(more like a private message). BUT NO WAY to know if somebody has a birthday to send a greeting to. AND even though it is a part of members information and has a box to check ro show DOB/age...it does NOT show in any area of use.
Give it a few days. Seems like it took a while before the birthdays showed up on the other forums just like it took some time for the points & such to show up yesterday.. Other thing is there may not be any BDs today. I assume you know where to go to find the birthdays. Click on the View All link in the Community Staff area and then you have a bunch of links in the box on the left hand side of the page. This is also available from your phone, just a little different to get there.

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Thanks Jk, Yes, navigating is NOT hard to do(same xenforo as othernon MOPAR) sites i'm active on. They have been Xenforo for almost a year and the "issues" I make here have yet to be resolved on them. I have not joined onto any of our FORUMZ fellow sites to see how much they may have changed with the switch to this format....So I'll just TRY and be PATIENT and see what "develops" here, but I'll NOT be "holding my breath" in anticipation.
EDIT: I must correct the record...I just checked again on another Xenforo based site I use, and lo and behold for the FIRST TIME there is a Birthday member posted in that section! Surprising to see as the site is based for ALL years and ALL models of KIA automobiles..therefore a very large membership base.
Maybe there is hope! ;)

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
422 Posts
Some things are gone. We've found a few work arounds and VS is trying to put functionality back where they can but where they can't we're just moving on & doing what the software will support.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I wanted to edit a post I made yesterday and found that there was no edit spot such as I had on the old software.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How To Edit A Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
A strong forum community has never been about the platform used. It about the people that come together to discuss and share with each other and along the way, true friendships are built.

Just my 2 cents...

- Cricket
Well, I'll "concede" to you on that point to a degree, but still feel this platform makes it too easy for people to just "pop" onboard looking for instant answers to their concerns compared to the "process" of the old platform....IMO
Also there is a great disparity in member records between various pages that show things such as posting counts (I can only speak of my own ). One page will say one count and others say entirely different, as of right now the difference is 92 posts.
Also, both my and member Intrepids reaction scores(likes) are NOT accurate from the forum change.
AND any word about getting the Today's Birthdays page working yet???? This is traditionally a slow time of the year on this Forum, and I know there are birthdays of members during this time, and partly why I would post birthday greetings to cheer members and show there was activity here and that this was NOT a "dead" forum. With the platform as it is now, I'm afraid that PART of my reasons for doing such will be unseen like on the old platform :(

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
I will definitely pass on your feedback to the developers.

- Cricket
Thank you very much! :)
As a reminder profile post messages did NOT count to a persons posting count on the old platform. But reactions(likes) did count, I don't particularly care about that aspect to continue or not. But do have a question as to this current platform of reaction score(likes), ...Do multiple "likes to a response posting each count or just ONE "like" per that person's reaction "count" per post?

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Have NOT heard anything back of my posted concerns OR seen any improvements to said concerns. I know the XENFORO platform can support the "TODAY'S BIRTHDAYS" heading, as another forum of same platform HAS IT OPERATIONAL.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Have NOT heard anything back of my posted concerns OR seen any improvements to said concerns. I know the XENFORO platform can support the "TODAY'S BIRTHDAYS" heading, as another forum of same platform HAS IT OPERATIONAL.
I never receive ETAs on which updates are going to happen or if they will. When I hear more, I will let you know.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We will be continue to see weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. :)

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
ANY hopes yet for certain features(like BIRTHDAYS) in the works yet? Also been noting that "JOINING" info could use a little improvement by having "joining members" include their geographic location(other than site generated flag that not all know what country it is) and also include YEAR and ENGINE TYPE(diesel or gas) and Cylinder size(L4 or V6).

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ANY hopes yet for certain features(like BIRTHDAYS) in the works yet? Also been noting that "JOINING" info could use a little improvement by having "joining members" include their geographic location(other than site generated flag that not all know what country it is) and also include YEAR and ENGINE TYPE(diesel or gas) and Cylinder size(L4 or V6).
I have not heard more about birthdays.

While we certainly want to encourage folks to add that information to their profiles, it is not a requirement.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
I guess that with the Covid-19 going on...that this will further "push back" any hopes of needed site feature activation. Like BIRTHDAYS found activated by other Xenforo platform forums I also use.....:(

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
422 Posts
I guess that with the Covid-19 going on...that this will further "push back" any hopes of needed site feature activation. Like BIRTHDAYS found activated by other Xenforo platform forums I also use.....:(
If I had to guess the birthday feature is not turned off, one of the updates probably cleared the check boxes for everyone so you would need to change it if you want it to show. Privacy issues is driving a lot of the personal info being hidden which I believe is coming from our European neighbors being a lot tougher on internet rules/laws than what we are here.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts