We Are Moving!

VSadmin

Administrator
Forum Founder
Dear Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The upgraded platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the upgraded platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support

VSadmin

Administrator
Forum Founder
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing the upgrade platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Avengerforumz.com will be migrated to our new platform on Tuesday, January 21st. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the upgrade is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site upgrade. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support

5rebel9

Site Supporter Level 1
Military
Thanks for the "heads up"! Although I by using a home PC only for my internet site usage will miss this format greatly. I'm not a big fan of the xenforo platform already in use on other forums I participate on.:(

Intrepid

MOTM Winner!
Thanks for letting us know and what you do for the forum. Hope all goes smoothly:cool:

VSadmin

Administrator
Forum Founder
Thanks for the "heads up"! Although I by using a home PC only for my internet site usage will miss this format greatly. I'm not a big fan of the xenforo platform already in use on other forums I participate on.:(
The forum is currently on a Xenforo site, it won't be that much more different... hopefully you'll have a better experience.

:)

Lee

jkelly16

Hey y'all, watch this!
Administrator
Well it is a bit different, takes a little getting use to as things usually do. Don't take too long to figure your way around the new format.

5rebel9

Site Supporter Level 1
Military
Is there a way to make it a "mandatory" sign up feature to include year and engine size? Would make things a LOT easier with a lot of members instead of continually having to ASK in reply to a new poster. Another site I'm with is most of the way there with this request.
And yes once accustomed to it the Xenforo is OK, but from my experience with other sites of this platform..there are some things lost that a platform like this has.

It is not a problem of feeling comfortable with site navigation, On 2 other forums I participate, they have the Xenforo platform AND BOTH had some nice features (for some members) that are NOT available as their original platforms had.

So...Don't loose any sleep over me...I'll be fine! :)

VSadmin

Administrator
Forum Founder
Well it is a bit different, takes a little getting use to as things usually do. Don't take too long to figure your way around the new format.
btw @jkelly16 do you know any sections that should be hidden from non-members that I need to take note of?
When we migrate, all the sections will be exposed so we need to go in and add permissions again.

VSadmin

Administrator
Forum Founder
Is there a way to make it a "mandatory" sign up feature to include year and engine size? Would make things a LOT easier with a lot of members instead of continually having to ASK in reply to a new poster. Another site I'm with is most of the way there with this request.
And yes once accustomed to it the Xenforo is OK, but from my experience with other sites of this platform..there are some things lost that a platform like this has.

I don't think we'll have that yet, a lot of it has to do with respecting user privacy. while I understand that it's probably the first thing to ask when someone posts anything asking for help, we can't technically force them to say thing. I know, you can't help them if they don't give you the important bits.
We do have a profile field that they can fill out but that's it for now.

Lee

jkelly16

Hey y'all, watch this!
Administrator
btw @jkelly16 do you know any sections that should be hidden from non-members that I need to take note of?
When we migrate, all the sections will be exposed so we need to go in and add permissions again.
I posted in your thread in the staff area.