Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I would like to say that I wish the sales department were nearly as good as their service department.

I went by their used lot one night, thinking that they were closed, and a guy came out to talk to me. He was a nice guy, so I amused him for a while, and ended up taking a charger home to 'test'. Well it was junk, but they had a different one on the lot, so I tried for that one. Well to make a long story shorter... they jacked around with me for three days. I told them where I needed to be, and I said if you can't get there, then no deal. Well we finally got it down to about $4 more than my budget, so I walked away.

The next day I called a guy that my wife bought her from, and he was disgusted with the way the used guy treated us. So he told the used guy to leave us alone. We then started looking at new cars, and the avenger came up. He then said that the owner could not honor the price the said they would give us for our trade in.
:bur2:

So I did what any other person would do... I went to their competitor across town. They gave me the numbers I wanted, and now I am waiting for my car!!

:nzd:

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... I have some more interesting news. I did end up going to Barreth Chrysler, and they ordered my car. It came in on the 12th of February, so I called the bank. I wold them I had scheduled to pick up the car on that following Saturday. I told them the amount I needed, and they said they would have it ready by Thursday.

Well Thursday came, and Thursday went. I called them, and they told me the loan officer was out, and she would be in on Friday. I said ok. Then Friday came, and the loan didn't get pushed through... So needless to say, I did not pick up my car Saturday, and I am not very happy about that. The lady waited to long to get this pushed through, and now I have to suffer because of it. The banks are not open till Tuesday now, so I have since decided to go to a different bank.

I will keep you informed, but as of now, I am very frustrated...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I hate that, But yet so freakin far!! Maybe not you guys, But I'm like a kid who sends away for something like from a cereal box and I can't wait. Hopefully this will end soon for you, I know the feeling. It can't last forever remember that, Pretty soon you'll be having fun with you're new car. I'll tell you I had my heart set on an Avenger and my husband only wanted to pay out $17,500. I couldn't find anything and my husband said well here's this 1995 G6 Pontiac or this other car that was ugly. If I have to drive it ok which I had done for years when I could only afford so much. Well I was so broken hearted and depressed like a kid, But I didn't complain. Well I saw this ad that said get a new car for at or near invoice and it worked. God was I happy. It was the only car I felt good driving and my husband wanted a 4 door.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sorry about the bank situation sphinx. Sounds like a royal pita. :(

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Sorry about the bank situation sphinx. Sounds like a royal pita. :(
Yeah it does...at least they have your car though...I'm still waiting on the charger, was supposed to be in Friday...

And I was talking to one of my other buddies...he has 2 customers that have been waiting 1 1/2 weeks after "shipping date" with no car still...I would give up by then lol

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, when I agreed to buy the Avenger, we did have to have it ordered. The guy I bought it from apparently knew one of the UAW head guys in that plant and called to see if he could have it advanced! I didn't think it would actually happen, but the car showed up super quick. I ordered on the 11th of January, and it got here on the 12th of February.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Well, when I agreed to buy the Avenger, we did have to have it ordered. The guy I bought it from apparently knew one of the UAW head guys in that plant and called to see if he could have it advanced! I didn't think it would actually happen, but the car showed up super quick. I ordered on the 11th of January, and it got here on the 12th of February.
Wow...that's not bad at all...did they give you a ship date? or was the 12th the shipping date?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No ship date. He just said 6-8 weeks was normal, and that is what I should expect. I was really hoping for 8 weeks so I could make another payment on my G6... oh well.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
No ship date. He just said 6-8 weeks was normal, and that is what I should expect. I was really hoping for 8 weeks so I could make another payment on my G6... oh well.
Oh ok...yeah we basically reserved a car that was on order...and they said the shipping date was the 15th, but nothing yet..

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, well you may be waiting a while after that too. Did you read my post on the plastics company that went bankrupt? The Charger may have been affected by that. You may be looking at another week after the 15th. Just a guess though.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
oh, well you may be waiting a while after that too. Did you read my post on the plastics company that went bankrupt? The Charger may have been affected by that. You may be looking at another week after the 15th. Just a guess though.
ugh I hope not...What's messed up, is a dealership on teh same exact road, 5 mile difference received all of theirs....I don't get how Chrysler picks how to ship their vehicles...

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I got off the phone with the dealer, and they have approved my financing... When I first started, I assumed that I would have to go through my own bank (in other words, Not Chrysler Financial) to get this loan. Apparently banks don't like loans that carry over negative equity, and all the ones I talked to would not approve the loan.

I will be picking up the car this evening after work! I am excited because I am getting the car finally, but disappointed because the payment is slightly higher than I expected... that is what I get for carrying over a balance.

Pictures coming soon!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well here is the last of the saga... I went to pick it up last night, and the car is awesome! That is all. lol.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
So I found out what has been going on w/ the Charger...This has been ridiculous...

It was delivered Monday as scheduled but to the plant where they make the avengers (in the overlot) - well for some stupid reason that I have not found out yet, the carrier company will not deliver the cars...my dealership is waiting for 42 chargers that have all been sold already...so the GM of the dealership called the carrier company and said "Can I just send my salesguys to drive the cars to the dealership? (it's only 1/4 mile away) - and the carrier company said "No, we need the dealership owner to contact us to give that authorization" - the owner happens to be out of town, go figure...

I think someone is going to be losing their contract as this one deal, is costing the dealership and Chrysler almost 1 million dollars...and this is happening with other dealerships as I don't know if you ever seen an overlot, but the cars are literally crammed in next to each other, maybe 2-3" apart, so because one dealership/carrier is holding up, everyone else gets to suffer.

So yeah, I think they are trying to work something out so I can get the charger by Monday at the latest, but I was so fed up today, I called GM and Ford lol - I actually got a cheaper price on a G6 fully loaded, but couldn't do it...Rather have the charger. But I am definitely getting something out of this, either a free moonroof, free oil changes for the lease term, something...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts