Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Not Listed

Votes: 5 3.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I normal use only two brands in my vehicles from reading oil analysis reports although any SM rated motor oil is sufficient for normal use. I have listed the major brands for our members to vote on to help the members that are trying to decide what might be best for them also. You can vote for more then one oil in this poll.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I used to use Amsoil, still do in my bike, but I tryed royal purple in the magnum before it got wrecked. I like them both. Not sure what will end up in the avenger yet..

·
Registered
8 Posts
well i haven't actually changed my own oil yet, but now i am getting the that stage i just would like to save as much as possible. have been taking it to dealer so they can keep updating the book for warrenty reasons, but going to start doing my own as soon as i buy a house in the next couple months, anyway getting back on track. i know the dealer advertises mobil 1, so i am guessing that is what they have been using, but when i start i plan on using mobile 1 as my first choice and valvoline as my 2nd, so that being said, i voted for mobile

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Most of the time, the choice of which oil to go with is based on a few factors. The first is syn or dino oil. Once that is decided, then it is up to the owner to decide on which intervals they will use between changes. Then lastly it is to find which brands fit and how much you want to spend.

This is why Mobil1 wins for me. It works well for 5k intervals and is pretty cheap at Wally-Mart.

I do agree thou, Amsoil is probably better but the price is a bit more then the Mobil1, the same goes for the Royal Purple.

Now, if you are going to keep the oil for 10k or maybe the advertised 25k from Amsoil, I would defiently splurge a little on price to get a longer lasting oil.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Castrol Syntec 5W/20 for Me; K&N Filter. Do all my own oll changes. Every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I voted for and have used Mobil 1 synthetic oil and filters in all my vehicles. I just recently switched over to mobil 1 synthetic in my Jeep Cherokee and it did away with the knocking noise I had at first start-up. I have also heard good things about Royal Purple and may give that a try if I can get my local auto parts store to carry 5w-20.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm not sure what the dealer is putting in... I guess mopar, I get my oil changes in the dealership as the lifetime warranty statement says that I need to if I want the warranty.
I will ask my service rep if I can bring my oil.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Mobil 1 syn and a mopar filter for me :wavey:

·
Registered
493 Posts
When I went to the dealership to get the steering wheel audio controls activated I saw that they have mobil 1 syn. I'll ask the price difference for the next oil change.

·
Banned
570 Posts
I don't know if it is a Mexico thing or not. I go to the dealer for the warranty too. But I think they said I have the option of doing it myself. I just value the lifetime warranty over saving money on oil changes.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
RTz: As long as you know what you are doing, doing your own oil changes is fine. Just make sure you record in your records when you performed the service and keep the receipts for the oil and filters for proof. Doing this will not void your warranty. This thou does mainly apply to the USA since Mexico and Austraila and other foreign nations have different rules.

·
Registered
493 Posts
RTz: As long as you know what you are doing, doing your own oil changes is fine. Just make sure you record in your records when you performed the service and keep the receipts for the oil and filters for proof. Doing this will not void your warranty. This thou does mainly apply to the USA since Mexico and Austraila and other foreign nations have different rules.
They stamp and sign my owner booklet in every service, so they say that if a stamp is missing I'm in trouble. So for the moment I rather keep getting ripped off at the dealership for services and not for a tranny or engine problem...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Does it have to be a dealer stamp or what? Does independent shops have their own stamps? Can you stamp it yourself and sign it yourself and be good to go?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Does it have to be a dealer stamp or what? Does independent shops have their own stamps? Can you stamp it yourself and sign it yourself and be good to go?
it is a dealer stamp :p

·
Registered
202 Posts
pennzoil starts with a pure white base as where everything else starts with a carmel colored base. i watched a video on it in an auto shop class so thats what i use.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts