Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, something to drive some possible activity and promote some communication amongst the membership...
We are all pretty much not going far from home lately due to the Covid-19 AND the oil war with Saudi Arabia/Russia going on also.
My rural area has gas down to around $2.20/gal US But IF I was to go 60 miles to a major Indian reservation area near my daughters home...gas is as low as $1.25/gal.US

AND for the benefit of our Diesel motored members....
Locally Diesel hanging around $3.00/gal US and at reservation hanging at $1.90/gal US

POST UP and tell us where and what it is around you! :)

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than maybe Hawaii and California, NY is highly taxed on fuels. BUT if our Native Indian reservation stations can sell so cheap(and still survive),makes one wonder just how much profit/gal(US) places have been making at regular gas stations!...But here in the US being a capitalist based economy and the laws of "supply and demand" ...who's to judge???:rolleyes:o_O:unsure:

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before all the latest hit nationwide, we were on average $2.65-$2.70/gal for regular unleaded at normal stations.

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OOPS... I forgot to post as such!
Our Canadian and worldwide membership is also free to JOIN IN! Just give a shot at equating it to US measurement please. :LOL:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Well shock of a life time. Last night regular gas was $.59/liter. There are 3.78541 liters in a US gallon so that works out to $2.24CAN for a US gallon which is $1.57US:cool: Prices(if my calculations are correct) we haven't seen since 2003.

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IF I recall right, When this Forum first started everyone was posting of how EXPENSIVE gas was!...LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE
As of 3/28 ONE of those "reservation stations(and they do a LOT of business) is down to $1.20/gal US regular unleaded!
Others are holding between $1.25 to $1.30
Diesel is holding between $1.87 to $2.00/gal US..Not much change there :( I get 50 gal. every trip I make to that "neck of the woods" for use as home heating fuel, it's the same stuff and much cheaper than delivered and minimum delivery amounts that have to be paid within 30 days. THAT gets HARD on my budget along with the yearly hit of $650 -$700. for my firewood!
ANYONE been "out and about" to see what further prices are around you? :)

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've not been out since getting Diesel for home and gas from posted places when at $1.47/gal. And still have a nearly full tank in the T&C! I'm getting a mild case of CABIN FEVER now as this has gone on here for almost 3 weeks now!

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's LOW????
Crude oil this morning is trading at $20.15 US a barrel(us measure of 40 gal) and I also saw that refined GAS is trading at $.56/gal on the US stock market.
I've not seen crude trade so low since '82!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Dont forget we have to pay about 60% fuel duty AND then another 20% VAT on top of that

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3/31 Update
Normal station Reg. unleaded near me is at $2.45 and Diesel holding near the $3.00 mark. The "reservation prices are holding around $1.25(2 stations are $1.17) and Diesel averages $1.85
Crude is rebounding a little so far this morning...prices may rise a little today. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You Canadian members must be enjoying such LOW prices for your area, IF you can still be "out and about" to take advantage of it! ;) :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts