Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Not a lot of out and about as trying to stay safe. Therefore not being able to take advantage of the lower prices. Hopefully this issue subsides before a planned camping vacation in the mid July which will involve 3 vehicles, a TT and a boat for family yearly vaca. Also will involve 2 canoes and maybe a kayak if we buy one.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well lets hope for you this virus dies out with some warm dry Spring/summer weather HOPEFULLY to arrive(doesn't seem to have come here yet for me)! ;)

Been a couple weeks since my last fuel run and the T&C still has 3/4 full tank...so yup, not a lot of driving going on here either!

Thinking of making the trip for 65 US gal of diesel for the house and "top off" the T&C and MAYBE a brief visit to daughter and son in law this weekend. So far all in my family are doing OK. Been a battle to keep my mom and dad to stay at home...they are ALWAYS "out and about", even in bad weather! :(

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yah I hear you. Staying in is no fun. Times like this is when younger generation that "gets it" step up to help the elderly to get groceries and whatnot , so the elderly don't have to go out and possibly be exposed. It does get boring staying inside, but at least we have the dogs to take out for their walks. They need some way to wear their energy down.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
4/320 UPDATE
Well crude oil has rebounded up to $29.00/brl(US)
Normal stations around me still holding around $2.40-$2.45
Those Indian reservation stations are holding below $1.20, and 3 of them below $1.10
Diesel has NOT changed in price and holding as previous!! :(

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Diesel will be slow to go down as it is still classified as a winter heating fuel and thus more profit for the price gouger oil companies.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
4/10/20 UPDATE:

Half of the dozen "reservation" stations are now at $.97/gal US, and none higher than $1.15/gal. ! Normal stations are still in the $2.20/gal range.

Diesel is holding at $1.87/gal on reservations, while normal stations are still around $3.00/gal!

I did some research and found for Diesel fuels and home heating(same stuff), that there is roughly $.75/gal TAX in normal station/supplier costs. Delivered at 150gal.US minimum "heating oil" is still at $3.10/gal....Guess who's going for a ride with a 55gal drum in their T&C's back end.......;) Spring is supposed to be here, but last night and today WINTER made a return visit with lake effect snows hitting south and east of the Buffalo,NY metro area!! :(

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
4/14/20 UPDATE:

Around me "normal" retail stations are holding around $2.20/gal for reg. unleaded. The Indian reservation stations I post of are at $.97/gal as a norm now.
Diesel fuel still holding at $3.00 and $1.87 respectively.

Last Sat. I went and got 53 gal of Diesel(for my home) for $100. and filled my T&C and 15 gal of extra gas for $30.50 Thinking of filling the tanks of my other 2 cars and making another run!

So far this morning CRUDE OIL is still trading down and last check was below $22.00/brl !

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm not getting out very much either these days, but on Saturday I was running errands and saw $1.69 here in New Hampshire.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Last week at a different "reservation" that's a bit more out of the way from me, but similar distance, a station was selling at $.68/gal regular. A reputable station, but only sold gas and not Diesel. Other reservation stations there were in the $2.60/gal range for Diesel, so I didn't go there. The local Buffalo based news stations got wind of it and put them in their broadcasts, they went dry that very afternoon from the business and now don't post their price....So much for high population density people staying home and practicing safe habits! Where I go is not as heavily trafficked(no lines) as it is a bit farther off the concentrated other stations along the main route of the "res."..

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You need to go and dump the diesel you got into you fuel oil tank and go get more while the price is down until your tank is full and then refill the drum as backup reserve for next winter and save $$.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
YUP! That's kind of the plan, been doing weekly 15 gal runs(locally) for a number of years now due to the price and budget constraints. Best I could do before was to get the tank to half full, when we got an unexpected money surplus a couple years ago. We have been using wood stove for primary heat with the oil furnace(water baseboard) a secondary supplement, and to keep pipes from freezing during extreme cold. ;) :)

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Going to make another run on Sat. and drop off some things for our Daughter while in the area.
This will be the third "run" since this VIRUS thing started in late Feb. I have gotten 125 gal. so far for a 250 gal tank and right now is roughly 1/3 full. I WISH warm SPRING temps would get here, we were "teased" with them in Feb., but now highs only seem to be mid 40's. Wood is running VERY LOW and the furnace has been running to keep the house at 68*f.
The T&C can only safely handle 1 55 gal barrel which I lay on it's side to transport, and is always "dumped" when we get home, so I can put the drivers side middle seat back in(NON STO n GO model).

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Today is gas discount day at the place I go to for both fuels on the "res." posted price is $.90/gal for regular unleaded...no change in Diesel price.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
4/18:
Well got Diesel fuel at $1.88 for 68 gal. and topped up the T&C for $11.00
I'm just at 1/2 heating oil tank du to the furnace still running! We got a good 3" of SNOW overnight, weather forecasters say we should START to warm up NEXT WEEK!
Saw the daughter and Son in law, they said they only got a light dusting that didn't even cover the GREEN LAWN!
On the stock market Friday, Crude oil was down again, will watch Monday for further views IF Diesel and Gas drop further.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
4/23 UPDATE:

Fuel prices have remained stable thru the last week at last posted prices around me.
Been watching the market trading price of Diesel and Gas(along with CRUDE), and Noticed that for some time now that Diesel and RBOB Gas are trading within 10 cents of each other (.77/.70 per gal). Taxes in the USA are almost equal/gal. SOOO, anyone care to venture a GUESS as to WHY an almost $1.00 per gal(or more) difference in price to the CONSUMER???

YES still planning another weekend "run" for more Diesel ! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Today was also one of the res. stations(the one I get gas and Diesel at) .07 discount day!
Selling Reg. Unleaded at .819/ gal !...Too bad that I don't need more gas right now...

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
4/26 UPDATE:

Yesterday we made another "fuel run" and to "distance visit" our daughter& son in law.
One "reservation" station is selling reg. unleaded for $.79/gal..CASH PRICE Most all others are doing cash or credit at $.87/gal.
Most all stations there selling Diesel are at $1.87/gal
I got 15 gal. of extra gas and topped off the T&C for $21.00 and got 53 gal of diesel for $100.00
SADLY...on transfer back home this last amount only got me to 1/2 tank level! That's almost $450 and 210 gals in 2 months! Continuing cold, wet weather keeping the furnace running and a larger than realized tank has me considering finding more space to store firewood that lasts longer per amount spent for usage time. BUT I can only speculate what I'd have spent at $3.00+/gal delivered by oil service companies!
YES out in my "neck of the woods", there is NO Natural Gas pipeline anywhere near me (or others in my community) to have that convenience of ready supply as long as you pay your bill! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
4/30 Update:

Well the gas war is ending on the reservation stations. Overnight most all took a price jump to $1.15 - 1.17/gal ($.20 increase)! Diesel is still the same, and was going to go for another run for that on Sat. Will be watching price tomorrow and Sat. morning before heading out....STAY TUNED!

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
5/7/20 UPDATE

Well Crude oil is rebounding, what a difference a week can do.
The "Res." stations are creeping back up in price....$1.24/gal Regular While Normal area stations are still at $2.20
DIESEL remains UNCHANGED in prices
Delivered heating oil (same diesel) has come down some...avg. $2.95/gal on 150 gal min delivery and payment due in 30 days.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts