Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some wheel spacers to push my tires out a little bit. I went with 20mm spacers all around.

First I cleaned off the mounting surface with a brass wire brush.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Luckily I had my brakes redone last month so there wasn't much rust to knock off. I also brushed the wheel studs, then applied some anti-seize to keep the nuts from binding should I need to remove the spacers in the future.

image.jpeg

Here are some before and after shots

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

In about a week I am going to take my car to STS or Mavis. Whatever they call it now to have the spacers re-torqued.

I also this past week preformed my first oil change on the car.

image.jpeg

It went without issue until I had to pour the spent oil from the pad into the bottle. Driveway is stained now. Lol.

I really like the way the car looks now with the spacers on. It filled that fender gap quite well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Glad another member is getting their hands "dirty" doing their own maint. work!
And, I hate when that happens, it gets things all messy over EVERYTHING! LOL

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luckily I caught my self or else all 6 quarts would have been dropped. And it wasn't when I was pouring that the majority of oil spilt it was when I corrected my self and it sloshed back and out then I corrected myself again and it sloshed forward lol.
I also used a cheap autozone flimsy oil catch pan.!should have spent the extra 5 bucks for a more rushed one.

I live I learn.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
The spacers add a nice wider stance, like the look.

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol jk. I just searched for 5x114.3 CB 67.1 and the thickness and thread size
image.jpeg

Now here ya go. They only come in a pack of two so if you get them order 2 sets.
I couldn't resist the Transformers reference.

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem. I haven't had any issues with them yet other than some shakes. But that might be paranoia setting in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spacers look good.

Re: oil change, get yourself a Fumoto valve and a short piece of hose, and drain your used oil directly into an empty oil jug. Never spill another drop. Best $20 you'll ever spend!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Looks great! Any chance of some side-on pics? Good job! :)

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha. Haven't had much time to work on it now that's it's colder out and school.

And for the spacers I could go another 5-10mm in the rear to make it closer to flush do to my camber being -2* And 5 mm in the front but it's fine where it's at now

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking good! Much more sportier. Has the driving dynamics changed much?
And how is the paint holding after more sand gets thrown on rear doors? :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts