Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my wheel speed sensor when I broke the last one changing the ball joint. It lasted about 500kms until the ABS light came back on. I got code C1014 Stored and code C101A active. I want to test the omhs of the sensor before replacing it to make sure it's the problem and not other wires in the system. Does anyone know what range the sensor should be within?

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Did you also check the physical condition of the tone ring that it generates its signal from? Like a chipped/broken or plugged tooth of the tone ring?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, guess I forgot to mention today I took it all apart cleaned it completely, regreased then reassembled. Didn't make a difference.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
OOOPS!..LOL:)
Sorry my info at home here is not that detailed to be able to tell you. but if you get 0 ohm reading it is probably bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a hold of a DMM and found out a good sensor is supposed to read open while my current sensor is reading 465 Ohms so that means it shorted somewhere in the sensor. Bought it from rock auto but it failed just outside the refund period so there sending me another one just need to pay to ship. Now that that's figured out back to find out why my jeep isn't working right haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts