Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I'm new here and I've had my 2013 2.4 Avenger for about three years now and never considered modifying it until now. I'm going to be purchasing a new vehicle in a bit, so I want to use my Avenger to have fun at a local track. I don't know where to start, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
I take it you mean a dragstrip "track"? Start with good gripping tires for quicker launches and anything that will help in controlling "wheel hop".In other words, maximize what you have first before going to expensive mods.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Well pilgrim...That changes EVERYTHING!..:)
Start by getting the track rule sheet. But my those can be very hard on any car to do, and may detract from "daily driver" use.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have those as well I just don't know much about the engine, or Independent suspension. I was going to just start by getting a K&N cold air intake and a throttle body spacer.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Well those would be a good start in the engine department, Not sure what required safety equipment and costs are involved in your chosen form of "fun" are going to cost. Or where to best buy them. Only you know the minimums the rules say to participate and what kind of budget you have to work from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For safety, I've already order seats with a 5-point harness and am working on getting roll bars. But as for engine and suspension performance, I don't see a lot of options. That's where I need the help of getting pointed in the right direction. And I know there are no turbo kits that I know of for the 2.4l, so my best bet would be to work with the natural aspiration of the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Well, I'll ask you this, why not follow protocol and stop by the newbie checkin page and introduce yourself to the WHOLE forumz Family and say a little of what you are wanting to do with your Avenger...you may get more participation that way. It has taken me 3 postings to find out just where and what you have planned and done so far in your quest for your "fun" with your ride.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Are you planning a "full blown" racer or combi. road driver/off road racer? What about glass requirements? Not an type of racing that I am too knowledgeable in.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
For safety, I've already order seats with a 5-point harness and am working on getting roll bars. But as for engine and suspension performance, I don't see a lot of options. That's where I need the help of getting pointed in the right direction. And I know there are no turbo kits that I know of for the 2.4l, so my best bet would be to work with the natural aspiration of the engine.
No there really isn't much options for the 2.4. If you want more power your best bet is to upgrade to the 3.6. You have a few more mods and tuning capabilities then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well as for my Avenger, it's going to be my experimental vehicle. So I don't mind if it's street legal or not and I was actually planning on doing an engine and transmission swap. I'm trying to find a good deal on a 2.4 caliber srt4 engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts