Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi All!
Weirdness Abounds!!!
After replacing a burnt-out License plate bulb, the problem of the Right rear turn signal going from a normal flashing rate to a very rapid flashing rate ( it did this Only when the headlights were on ) went away.
Now the Right rear turn signal works properly!

And, to add to the Weirdness , the "jerking windshield wiper" problem has gone away.
Granted it has only been 2 a couple of days, but so far the wipers are working properly.
Will keep updates coming.
Doc

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ask around of friends that also have Dodge product vehicles where they go. Need to find a good shop that "specializes" with the brand.
As I stated, The traditional "wiper relay" is now soldered (unlike older cars remote or plug in position) into the printed circuit board of the fuse panel. The only other "parts" would be the control switch, the fuse panel or WIRING between them.

I wonder if We could get a Sticky going about this: "Need to find a good shop that "specializes" with the brand.... "
Maybe by State or Region within State or??
Just ONE Central Place where a Person could go to possibly find an "Expert" Shop and /or Mechanic who knows and does well with Our Choice of The Avenger as Our Ride!
Just a thought....
Doc

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Nice thought but very hard to do on a world wide forum. There is no shop of any type that is cost effective anymore(which many owners look to as first priority) and why there are so many that use forums to try and figure out what is going on with their vehicle.
There are many Independent shops that do specialize in a particular brand or type of service, (electrical, trans., exhaust, ) and in my country area even down to advertising of a particular Make of vehicle(Ford,GM, FCA(MOPAR) or import. Just like using the search function on a forum...knowing what wording to use and look for yields best results to what one is looking for
All in, I glad to hear that a bad bulb, as strange as it may seem has "fixed" your wiper issue. If I were to "conjecture" as to why it did...."touchy" electrical flow thru BCM and TIPM gave the issue. I'm finding that even our "new to us" Pontiac G6 has a LOT of electrical and mechanical "quirks" that can show up, just like our Avengers and MANY other makes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had to replace my TIPM completely in order to fix an issue with the windshield wipers jerking and stopping in the middle of the windshield. Seems like a common malfunction in Chrysler vehicles; easy thing to replace yourself but the price tag stinks. The electric in these cars is so ridiculously touchy!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts