Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in March the front passenger window regulator went out and had to be replaced. Replaced the regulator and it was good for a little while. Regulator went out again so I replaced it along with the motor. Today, it went out once again. At this point I can’t seem to figure out what keeps causing the issue. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
It all depends on just HOW they are "going out". Physical part breakage or electrically? Have you used a test probe or multimeter to see if there is power getting thru to the motor? Do either that door window switch or drivers master switch function?Could also be a broken wire in the rubber boot between the car body and door.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on just HOW they are "going out". Physical part breakage or electrically? Have you used a test probe or multimeter to see if there is power getting thru to the motor? Do either that door window switch or drivers master switch function?Could also be a broken wire in the rubber boot between the car body and door.
I have not used a test probe or multimeter. The motor is getting power though, as the regulator always seems to go out after putting the window up/down. Not sure about the wire in the boot though. I will have to look into that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Watch Automotive tire Bicycle part Font

Took the door panel off and this cable was clearly out of place. Any idea of what may cause this? This is the second Dorman Window Regulator that this has happened with. Is there a better brand to get? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
I personally would go to rockauto.com and see what they have to offer besides Dorman brand. I've used some Dorman products and had decent luck with them but some parts (like yours) seem to be sub par. I don't have the Sedan Avenger to say precisely why yours are breaking there. But motor to gear alignment or cable mountings to hold position may come into "play" with this situation.
GOOD LUCK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts