Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my battery. My driver side window goes down every time I start my car.. I don’t know why. And I tried to have the key in the on position put it down for 3-5 second then pull it up 3-5 sec and nothing is working. It only gets stuck an I have to turn the car on an off so I can get it unstuck for being down or up after holding it . Help?

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Is your master power window switch the optional auto up and down on both front windows?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s only for the driver side window.. either it caused it when I replaced my battery, or when I left my window kinda cracked an water got in that did it.. but every time I start the car it’s jus goes down automatically. And when I put it up or down it works but the automatic doesn’t work when I try

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s annoying as hell . I took the switch out an blowed the connectors on each side an still doing it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An I tried the on position, an went down an held it an up an held it. And it didn’t do anything but get stuck each time I did it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kinda thought that. But I ain’t wanna spend any more money on soemthing that isn’t going to be the problem. I was going to take the door panel off in the morning so see what it might be , then go junk yard sometime this week an get a new switch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But when I turn my car to the on position. I can hear the motor spin or do a clicking so I feel like it’s engaging it self to do that before I start my car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts