·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective TODAY, Window Tint on the front windows is now Legal in Illinois:

NOW LEGAL tint combinations.
1. Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front
2. 35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front
3. IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front.

HB3325 was passed today.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Good info thaks for sharing !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
In British Columbia, Canada. You can not have any tint in the front ( from the drivers shoulder back) but 'As dark as you want in the back, I have 15% in the back and it looks cool

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the way it used to be here. I've been watching this bill for 6 months waiting for it to be changed and it finally has. 35% is dark enough. I used to have 5% all the way around and received 2 tickets and a warning....after the 2nd ticket it was time to take it off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I seen something about this at a local shop before it passed. Now I may have to try my hand at it...or, talk to my friend that does it on the side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do know that you can get a prescription written that states you have to have limousine tint or as dark as your comfortable with. Have your Dr or optometrist write a prescription that you'll need in the car all time. That you get cluster headaches and need to keep it dark. Yes it does upset all law enforcement agencies but your medical needs are important. So if you went super dark an get pulled over and they say take it off you simply show them this an ask for them to please keep it on file to avoid multiple stops. I had 6 before the oshp finally put it on my file I never did scrape it off. An as a result the stronger tint kept the biggest deer killed in the county from coming thru the drivers side it held the glass structure stable destroyed the car but didn't kill me. They can see thru with black light or if needed. Pretty simple and yes they get mad.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I do know that you can get a prescription written that states you have to have limousine tint or as dark as your comfortable with. Have your Dr or optometrist write a prescription that you'll need in the car all time. That you get cluster headaches and need to keep it dark. Yes it does upset all law enforcement agencies but your medical needs are important. So if you went super dark an get pulled over and they say take it off you simply show them this an ask for them to please keep it on file to avoid multiple stops. I had 6 before the oshp finally put it on my file I never did scrape it off. An as a result the stronger tint kept the biggest deer killed in the county from coming thru the drivers side it held the glass structure stable destroyed the car but didn't kill me. They can see thru with black light or if needed. Pretty simple and yes they get mad.
Good to know, thanks for sharing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts