Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife says its to slow on high speed, says it cant keep up with

the rain. The last few days its been coming down.

:Racing:

anyone else noticed this ?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
not here

Well, I went from a car that the wipers were busted, so I'm lovin that they just work.

I drove through a couple of blizzards two weeks ago and had no problems.

Reactions: Quiet Lunatic

·
Registered
118 Posts
Other than the dial on the selector, I'm not sure of any way to speed up the wipers.

Test it out yourself, and if it's too slow, try putting some RainX on the windshield. My old Caprice had that exact problem, and the RainX was able to make it much easier for the wipers to clear the windshield, because it beaded up and ran off. It's about $15-20 per treatment and read the label, I can't remember if it needs a treatment every 3, 6, or 12 months.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the speed as of yet. I agree with the rain x and I will also note you can get rain x washer fluid that also has rain x mixed in with it. Thats what I use as well. :)

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Hmmn..well I thought it was more orange than pink. Seems to work just fine for me. Why do you consider it crap?
Might be different stuff, I thought it was rain-x or something but it was pink pink...I put it in my dakota and it has like...fibers in it or something, and the dakota has a screen in the fluid container...so the screen caught all this fiber junk and its mushy and nasty...well the first day that it dropped to like 15 degrees or whatever, it froze...LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
You mean besides wash the windshield it will get you a cold beer when you get to your destination? That would be better performing....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You mean besides wash the windshield it will get you a cold beer when you get to your destination? That would be better performing....
I thought that was what the "chill zone" was for lol. ;)

I used the rain x stuff. I haven't had a problem with freezing and we here in michigan know exactly how cold it has been lately. If it was gonna freeze it would have.

I think i'll stay away from the fibrous bug juice though lol.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I thought that was what the "chill zone" was for lol. ;)

I used the rain x stuff. I haven't had a problem with freezing and we here in michigan know exactly how cold it has been lately. If it was gonna freeze it would have.

I think i'll stay away from the fibrous bug juice though lol.
LOL Yeah anything the color pink and in the automotive industry should be a no-no...I guess I learned my lesson...

My wife found some charger that had Pink Rally stripes...I was like..ummm NO LOL

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Well, I went from a car that the wipers were busted, so I'm lovin that they just work.

I drove through a couple of blizzards two weeks ago and had no problems.
I know exactly what you mean. I went from a car that rode rough to an SE in which some people thought it didn't ride nice on some reviews.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Other than the dial on the selector, I'm not sure of any way to speed up the wipers.

Test it out yourself, and if it's too slow, try putting some RainX on the windshield. My old Caprice had that exact problem, and the RainX was able to make it much easier for the wipers to clear the windshield, because it beaded up and ran off. It's about $15-20 per treatment and read the label, I can't remember if it needs a treatment every 3, 6, or 12 months.
Thanks for the advice. I may try it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I guess the only other thing I can think of is some higher quality wiper blades. I know my ol' SX really benefitted from those teflon-coated-triple-bladed blah blah blah. But I was only worried about snow back then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts