Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls,

I have a 2008 Dodge avenger R/T and i just purchased it back in may. The guy who sold it to me told me the problem, and said that the windshield wipers will abnormally stop, skip (Not from the blades, its like little jolts from the motor) and overall not work most of the time. I just installed a brand new wiper switch and wiring, and it seems to keep malfunctioning. On the flip side, about 30-40% of the time it works. The weird thing is it only malfunctions when it rains, and works when it doesn't 馃槓. It does work though sometimes when it rains too, so i don't believe it's some sort of short due to water, as everything should be already waterproof. The previous owner said he took it into auto repair shops and of course, they never got it to malfunction for them 馃檮. I'll hopefully try to post a video of it if anyone has a slight idea of what it could be. I think it's possible it could be the motors, or even the wiring leading to them, because like i said before, it works normal about 40% of the time. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 馃憤

Thanks

Cameron DiMarco

Registered
Hello and welcome! I had a similar problem on another car and it was the motor, so there's a good chance that you may have the same issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome! I had a similar problem on another car and it was the motor, so there's a good chance that you may have the same issue.
I鈥檒l definitely have to look into that and see. If I replace the motors and I鈥檓 still having the same issue, then I guess I鈥檒l have to be forced to take it into a shop. Thanks for the help 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Best of luck, hope it all works out for you.

Registered
Hey guys and girls,

I have a 2008 Dodge avenger R/T and i just purchased it back in may. The guy who sold it to me told me the problem, and said that the windshield wipers will abnormally stop, skip (Not from the blades, its like little jolts from the motor) and overall not work most of the time. I just installed a brand new wiper switch and wiring, and it seems to keep malfunctioning. On the flip side, about 30-40% of the time it works. The weird thing is it only malfunctions when it rains, and works when it doesn't 馃槓. It does work though sometimes when it rains too, so i don't believe it's some sort of short due to water, as everything should be already waterproof. The previous owner said he took it into auto repair shops and of course, they never got it to malfunction for them 馃檮. I'll hopefully try to post a video of it if anyone has a slight idea of what it could be. I think it's possible it could be the motors, or even the wiring leading to them, because like i said before, it works normal about 40% of the time. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 馃憤

Thanks

Cameron DiMarco
Hi Cameron,

I had the EXACT same problem with my windshield wipers and recently had them fixed over the weekend. So I know what you are going through. The problem is the MOTOR. I took my vehicle to the Dodge dealership and they ordered the motor for my car. I originally purchased a motor from Advanced Auto and gave it to them to replace it. They put it in but it did not work so they had to order it from the manufacturer. Now my windshield wipers are working!!! Great right? But now my horn doesn't seem to work. :rolleyes::cautious: They tell me that it is a wiring issue that needs to be replaced. I have put so much money into this car over the summer a little over $3,000 in repairs that I'm about to give up and get a new vehicle. They tell me this all happens when your car is almost paid for and I only have two more payments left. I hope this helps you.

Glendora

1 - 5 of 5 Posts