Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the trick to remove the entire arm? I need to get that black meshy thing off to paint it. Just though you can remove the nut and pull off, certainly not the case. Any trick or guide to remove the dang thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
with the hood closed bend the wiper arm up like you're going to take the wiper blade off and then wiggle it up and down. use slight force. it will break free

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i'll try it this morning. thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was unable to remove the arm today. Tried tapping the stud and that didn't work. Might try some battery terminal removers.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
must be rusted on there pretty good. never had one i couldn't get to wiggle/rock off. you're rocking it at the base of the wiper arm right?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. It probably is rusted pretty good. Do you think some WD-40 might help?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried WD-40 and the battery cable terminal remover, didn't budge. Starting to get PO'ed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, i still can't get this damn things off. Is there a tab or something that releases the arms? I don't feel anything on the under side, I feel like this should be a simple task and apparently it isn't.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
try 'bumping it' if i can't get it to wiggle off i usually give it a slight bump, like while the arm is bent up, smack it in the direction the arm rotates

·
Registered
1 Posts
try 'bumping it' if i can't get it to wiggle off i usually give it a slight bump, like while the arm is bent up, smack it in the direction the arm rotates

Fckn old post but since I just did this today.
there is a black cap with a cut out.. put that off with a screwdriver.. it'll expose the nut holding them in place .

Ta-da.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts