Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last week, we took my 2008 Avenger R/T for a trip that totaled around 1,500 miles, give or take. During the trip we had no issues with the car and everything seemed normal from the passenger seat, as my dad was the one driving. However, yesterday when I finally got back into the drivers seat to drive to work, I noticed a wobble in the steering wheel between 30-40 MPH. The shake seems to come and go at that speed, as it wont always happen, and seems to go away at higher speed from what I can tell. I don’t feel it in the brake pedal, nor does the car seem to shake or vibrate an abnormal amount at that speed. I asked my dad about it and he claims he never felt anything abnormal while he was driving. The tires on the car arent the newest, and I plan to replace them soon, and also plan to do a full pad and rotor job all around in the near future as well. Is it possible it’s just a bad tire, or could it be something in the suspension causing the slight shake? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Could be a bad tire, out of balance, slight alignment issue, worn front end component. Check the lug nuts for tightness, air pressure and overall appearance. You could rotate the front tires to the rear to see if you notice a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick reply’s. The next chance I get, Ill check the tire pressure and torque of the lug nuts. I’d like to get new tires on it soon as well, as they are relatively old, seem to be a cheaper brand, and are towards the end of their tread life.While I have the vehicle off the ground when I do replace them, it probably wouldn’t hurt to check all the suspension and bushings since it now has over 120,000 miles on the factory original suspension. Thank you for all the help, and if I figure out a specific cause, I will let you guys know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts